Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 08 vulcan 900 classic and I'm looking to put a 240mm on the back of it. I found a kit for a vulcan 2000 and read somebody mention that 900s are frankensteins and that some of the parts from vn2000s are the same on
900s. does any body know if that kit will work on my bike.

18 X 8.5 Rear Wheel
18 X 3.5 Front Wheel
Rear Drive Pulley
250/40=18 Rear Tire
130/70-18 Front Tire

http://www.meancycles.com/Home.asp?...ManufacturerID=0&BikeType=Cruiser&CompanyID=0

The big thing is i want matching rims and the kits I'm finding are mimics for the custom and only give me a back tire.

·
Stealth Custom
4,838 Posts
The 18" x 8.5" rim will fit back there but not with a 250 tire....you can only fit a 240, barely......and so you know, you will have to change the rear fender too to fit it .....contact JC at meancycles, he should be able to help you figure it out.....also look into RC Components wheels......

Robb

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking that extra 10mm would probably cause a problem. I was thinking that if I had to change the swingarm I would. I'm looking into changing the the whole back of the bike. I looked at RC and didn't find anything similar enough to the new back wheel.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.