Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there anyone that can direct me to where to get an original wiring harness for my bike? I tried to find the right wiring harness and could not get the original wiring harness. My bike's problem started with shorted wiring harness and damaged the CDI. I got the new update CDI but could not find the right wiring harness. The CDI that i bought cost me $345. If there is anyone that can point me to the right place to get the original wiring harness, i would be really greatfull. Thanks and have a great day

·
Super Moderator
2,878 Posts
It would help if you told us where you have looked so far. Did you try the dealer, Ebay, junkyards?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello there , the age of bike is hard because Kawasaki stopped making parts an sometimes we can ring around an there be a slim chance that a bike shop has one covered in dust doing nothing but can try eBay by putting in all details or try wreckers an may try Melbourne VIC Australia wreckers and they can ship it to you.if no good youay have to take photos of old one an send a photo to them to match it up or worst case take a photo of loom and strip back loom an manually check each wire or more so CDI wires track back into loom from start to end an replace same voltage an ohms wire from there but take photos through all stages so you know the length an how it travels through and where or get a car or bike electrician to test an trace but tape mark from CDI wires an they could trace then or they can make you a new loom from examples of old one. Good luck. Lance

1 - 3 of 3 Posts