Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked this up a few days ago. 1988 Kawasaki ninja 600r. I haven't got a clue what this is and want to make sure I have it in the proper position...don't want to break anything.
Automotive tire Bumper Bicycle part Rim Wood

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive design Automotive exterior

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
26 Posts
In the Good Old Days when we were young and always short of money, we would 'recharge' the rear air shock absorber unit. I had GPZ900R but I think the same idea works.
You remove the air valve (tyre schrader valve) with a suitable dust cap or tool, then tip over and pump the very old, smelly, degraded oil out. Then using a tube and a large syringe, you can refill it with fresh oil: Cannot remember the oil spec but its very easy to do, will give you time to save up for a decent (£500+) afternarket replacement.

·
Registered
425 Posts
In the Good Old Days when we were young and always short of money, we would 'recharge' the rear air shock absorber unit. I had GPZ900R but I think the same idea works.
You remove the air valve (tyre schrader valve) with a suitable dust cap or tool, then tip over and pump the very old, smelly, degraded oil out. Then using a tube and a large syringe, you can refill it with fresh oil: Cannot remember the oil spec but its very easy to do, will give you time to save up for a decent (£500+) afternarket replacement.
I believe ATF fluid will work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts