Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just approved for 9000.00 and was looking at the zx10. i would have to save 2000.00 more to get it. i can get a 2004 zx6r or 6rr right now and i don't need anymore money. also my insurance would go from 1500.00 to 750.00 for the year. my ? is after coming off a 98gsxr 750 would i be happy with a 636. or should i save for the zx10. my friend also told me that a 2004 600 is faster than my 98 750 was.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
yeah, a new 600 is way faster than your gixxer. Personaly I love the ZX-10R for its looks and power. I'm sure you'll never get bored with a 6R. Both would be a good investment. The thing you have to decide is... is the difference in the bikes going to make up for the difference in the price and insurance.

I'd still go with the 10R because I like the way it fits to me. Both of them are going to have way more power than you can use leagly, hehe.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Man, thats real hard to say then.... Like I said I would go for the 10R but for that price.... hmmm... I would say unless you LOVE the 10R to death go with the 6. Its not like me to say that either hehe.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Congratulations

Wish you would have waited a little longer...I could have told you about the changes for 2005...that's okay...you can't go wrong with the 636 anyway! Dec 2004 Sport Rider Magazine slipper clutches, airbox/tank...The 636///6R will get you anywhere faster than you're supposed to go, anyway...even if you left it in first gear all of the time (for very short trips). Let us know what you think...what color is it??? What if any problems you have or what is happening durring break-in...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i got the 2004 for a good price i think 7200.00, plus i'm not a big fan of first year bikes i like to wait till they have all the bugs worked out. as far as breakin it says not to go over 4000rpms for the first 400 miles. i don't see that working to well. but i am totally surprised with the power and handling way better than i expected. plus i could always give the bike to my wife and get the 06 6r. :)

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Awesome..

The 6R is one of the best machines on the market! IF money only grew on trees out here on my place instead of native grasses (read weeds), then perhaps I could own one. I'm patient and one of these days someone will make a mistake, or a stolen one will show up through a police auction...and I'll have one for my very own. I know that I only NEED a small bike, but having something like a 6R or a Z750, haaving something for serious cross country trips would be awesome...Seriously I guess I could build a sportbike Ninja 250R for the open road...Needing not muchmore than a tank bag for clothing and sending ahead things that I do need,I could manage well enough...still, the thrill of a 6R...wow, you did very well. Try to get the 2004 Sport Rider mag...nice read...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts