Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i now have a 360 version of the kvf and i find its alright but the 650 i think would be better. im lookin around and i would like to know some stuf the manufactures dont give. like is it tough, how far can you go on a tank of gas, is it a common bike and whats the sort of stuff that goes wrong with it.
thanks

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
The 650's are very common, tough as nails, but had some carb problems that require updated parts in the year you are looking for. They will get less than half the fuel economy you get with your 360, unless you are really lugging the 360.

The choice of mount gets down to your intended use. If you are physically strong and crank through mud and pack a lot of weight, then get the 650 and have it equipped with a winch - you will need it. If you just tool around and hunt or use the machine on a farm with light chores, stick with the 360 and you will not regret it.

If you are looking for balls to the wall power and speed, and have deep pockets, then go with one of the new 750's with the fuel injected engine. They get better fuel economy than the old 650, and go like squirt.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Two 650s to look for, the i model is IRS & offers better ride, stronger motor.
The newer SRA model is also called the Brute too, just different plastic than the 02/03 Prairie 650.
'04 the Prairie was increased to the 700.
The '02P650 was the 1st model yr, the '03 Model is better but there were Carb issues on some of them as well & a few had faulty CDI's. The SRA models offer better & easy Powersliding Vs the IRS Brutes but a IRS can powerslide with a better tire/wheel pkg. The P650s also benefit w/a tire upgrade & wheels.
MPG is right around 70 miles to a tank on the Prairie 650/700's, depending on our driving/riding conditions. My Vtwin Kawies get anywhere from 12-19mpg.
The Prairie Models (SRA) have a 4.6 gal tank, the IRS Brutes have a 5.4 tank, the '08BF750 has a 5.0 tank but gives better mpg b/c of the EFI.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts