Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a mule 1000 and am having poblems with an intermittant warning buzzer at various speeds. When it sounds the motor cuts out for as long as it is sounding. I have check and repaired some wiring in the harness under the floor boards. No difference. Checked the speed sensor. I get continuity 4 times with one revolution as the manual states. However I get about 6 ohms of resistance when in between the continiuty cycles. Is that correct or should it read infinity?

When I check the igniter with my ohm meter I get really hi (mega ohms ) going from no1 terminal all across the the rest of the terminal. From no2 terminal I get hi readings also but most a K ohms. Nothing like what the manual say I should be getting. It is not a kaw ignitor but is a Hitachit Ltd. TID12-26
1231 sn 8713
Digital ignigtor.

How much is an ignitor and or the speedometer?

Also any addition trobleshooting tips would be appreciated.

One more thing if I unhook the speedometer cable it runs fine but the warning buzzer sound almost constantly unless I slow to almost idle speed.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Solution was recheck ignitor but I had to use another type of meter. My digital ohm meter did not put enough of a load on the ignitor to read correctly. I dug out my old Simpson analog and altough it does not have a x1000 scale I used the x10,000 scale and my readings were not perfect but close to manual readings.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts