Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I just received my Willie & Max Saddlebags. I got the SB708.
I like the style very much, except the Gold & Silver Eagle is just not doing it for me. It is easily removed by taking out 2 small bolts/screws from the back. Leaving two holes..

Ideas I have had so far are:
- A belt buckle
- A pair of buttons
- A pair of lapel pins

This is a large area.. and searching for one of these that feels like 'me' is difficult. I don't know how I would attach the belt buckle. The button seems like the way to go.. as long as it is a 'shank' style button (I've done the research..).

Another option is to just put the eagle on the inside of the bag.. and have the screw heads showing on the outside.

I just feel the American Eagle image does not express what the Kawasaki Mean Streak is all about.

So, have any of you replaced yours?
Give me your ideas.
-Ryan

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
can u get a pic of the bags with the eagle for us to see?

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
nice bags, I agree the eagle doesn't fit the Meanie, most likely its targeted to the HD set. wonder if you can get a stud attached on the back of a belt buckle that will allow for a screw & washer to hold it on.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

look at jp cycles website - they have all kinds of studs and decorations
to dress up leather :wink:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
6 Posts
pics

do you have a pic of the saddlebags on the meanie... i am looking for some and wondered what you though of these. What sort of supports did you use??

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey, I'd leave those eagles on there, I read some where these Kawasakis are made in Nebraska, USA.... let'see, eagle.... symbol of USA on bike made in USA, yeah I'd leave them on there, of course that's from a defiant 50 yr old ex-marine, I guess you have the RIGHT to do what you want to!!!! Hooroay USA!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
semo rider said:
Hey, I'd leave those eagles on there, I read some where these Kawasakis are made in Nebraska, USA.... let'see, eagle.... symbol of USA on bike made in USA, yeah I'd leave them on there, of course that's from a defiant 50 yr old ex-marine, I guess you have the RIGHT to do what you want to!!!! Hooroay USA!!!!!!
Semo,the 800 is the only vulcan cruiser that is assembled in Lincoln. Along with the 4 wheelers an maybe one of the sportbikes. The rest of the line up still come from Japan.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Wait a minute, my bike was made in Omaha? I was unaware of that...I love to support products made in the U.S.
This is really surprising to me though. For the price of an 800 I am just really amazed.

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
tileandslate said:
Wait a minute, my bike was made in Omaha? I was unaware of that...I love to support products made in the U.S.
This is really surprising to me though. For the price of an 800 I am just really amazed.
It's assembled there ,but the parts still come by boat. Some one I've talked to from Omaha said the place is expanding so who knows what all will be built there in the future. If anyone is ever traveling through Omaha , they do tours through the plant. Don't know any times but that could be answered with a stop by or phone call.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts