Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to start scowering the FAQ's and searching the forum for tid bits of information, but basically my girl is wanting to learn to ride and I need to find her a bike. The 250 is the only bike that closely fits her (except a Ducati Monster which fits her perfect) so I need to start there. A 500 might also be acceptable if I can find a good deal on one.

Basically, what I need to know, is what to look for in a 250 or a 500? Can you guys give me a general over-view of either/both? I really don't know much about either, or kawasakis in general, so I need quite a bit of guidance here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
http://ninja250.net
is a group I belong to. You might wanna lurk around and see what the commotion is about.
I have an 03 that I really like. I am not a small person either, 200lbs.

·
Registered
24 Posts
i bought a ninja 250 right out of the crate january 29th, my first time ever even riding one and im allready taking 90 degree turns laid out at 40-45 mph. It inspires alot of confidence from the second you sit on it. I'm not worried about it getting out from under me, thats for sure :razz: . It took my girlfriend about 5-10 minutes to get comfortable enough to take it on the street by herself. All my friends say i made the right decision by buying this instead of a 500 or 600 right off the bat with no experience. And after riding it for almost a solid week and over 200 miles during that time i have to say they were right. I am not intimidated by it one bit. Hope this helps you out. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

BTW- Nice to meet everyone, new to the forums here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts