Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the manual says get a 140/70 v18 tire....are there any other tire sizes that i can put on instead....cause i seen some other tires and i was wondering what's another size i can put on besides the stock sizes...for example would a 140/80/ v18 fit and how much difference would it make riding ..thanks

·
Registered
269 Posts
The 140 is the width of the tire which I have always been told you can go 10 up or 10 down safely, such as a 130 narrower or a 150 wider. The 70 is the profile, such as the 70 would be 70% of 140 from wheel lip to the tread, an 80 would be a taller tire at 80%. So yea you could use the 140/80-18 but the tire would not be wider just set taller. Hope this helps I know tire selection is a pain on these bikes. my next tire is going to be a 150/70-18 michelin macadam 100x. oops.......to answer your question it would make the bike respond a little slower turning and give you a higher top speed and loose a little acceleration.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i actually just looke at my tire this morning right now it has 160/60 v18...so i was thinking maybe getting the same or something lower in height..thanks whitey

1 - 3 of 3 Posts