Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope some of you veterns can help me with this. I purchased a used 2005 Vulcan Classic 1500FI and it has V&H Long Shots on it and I would like to quiet it down a little, so I don't rattle my neighbor's cupboards when I accelerate past their house.
Any and all suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Jim:mrgreen:

·
Registered
81 Posts
There is a way I have the same exhaust and I got these silencers that bolt right on to the end of the baffle (provided your pipes still have the baffles). I put them on so I wouldnt wake my children at 4 am when i go to work still loud when you get on it but not at idle. But for the life of me cant remember where I got them the guys who make them are the only ones who make them I found the link in the forums here some where. cost about $60 had them in a week. If anyone else knows what I am talking about other wise ill look when I get home. softened the idle about 12db but will get still get loud when you want it to.

Debbie posted the answer for me as I was typing those are what I used.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I have the same bike with Straight shots (just a shorter version of what you have). I took the baffles out and wrapped them with that rope material that they use to seal wood stove doors. Used stainless steel wire to hold it on and it mutes the exhaust pretty good. I never get any complaints from the neighbors and the folks that ride behind me say it sounds "good".

·
Registered
219 Posts
I hope some of you veterns can help me with this. I purchased a used 2005 Vulcan Classic 1500FI and it has V&H Long Shots on it and I would like to quiet it down a little, so I don't rattle my neighbor's cupboards when I accelerate past their house.
Any and all suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Jim:mrgreen:
I have the 1500 Classic with the V&H Long Shots. V&H makes a set of quiet baffles for the Big Shots that work in the Long Shots. I bought a set a few years ago. Here's a link:

Vance & Hines Quiet Baffle for Big Shots for Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic Fi RTI06

It might be cheaper just to keep your RPMs down until you're out of town. That's what I do. Never had a complaint. Matter of fact, mine are pretty tame compared to a lot of the bikes around me.

Windman
'06 1500 Classic anniv. ed.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I have the same bike with Straight shots (just a shorter version of what you have). I took the baffles out and wrapped them with that rope material that they use to seal wood stove doors. Used stainless steel wire to hold it on and it mutes the exhaust pretty good. I never get any complaints from the neighbors and the folks that ride behind me say it sounds "good".
Did my vance and hines the same way, it works wonders, lol I see the Kitty is still living a GOOD life, lol

·
Former Vulcan Lady
4,225 Posts
I like these. Wonder if they work??

Windman
1500 Classic anniv. ed.
I have used baffles from this company before and so has a friend of mine. But not for the Long Shots. Both of us are happy. He even spent time on the phone with the owner since he had some issues on how to install it. He said the guy was great and explained everything to him and he installed them without an issue.

·
Registered
57 Posts
wish i had your problem, if you had true duals instead of long shots i would swap you mufflers!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts