Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there have any experience or know anything about the TT600? My son's friend is looking at buying one and I'm going with him tomorrow to take a look at it for him.

Any help appreciated!

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know a lot about it yet, but he said 3 grand for it. I can check things like condition and such, but just wondered if anyone had any experience or first-hand knowledge of them that could tell me some things to look for.

Why did they steer you away from the 650?

·
Registered
11,821 Posts
I don't know a lot about it yet, but he said 3 grand for it. I can check things like condition and such, but just wondered if anyone had any experience or first-hand knowledge of them that could tell me some things to look for.

Why did they steer you away from the 650?
Parts was the biggest thing and power. After I heard that I was like ok it is off my list...After what I put on my 636, I was happy I listened. The 650 was a good bike to...Not as good as the 636 but good nonetheless. $3k is a nice price though...I like how that bike looks.

·
Lets RIDE!
934 Posts
From my Triumph experience...they are one expensive machine to own. Parts are incredibly expensive($20 for a f'n oil filter and $250 for it's first service) and there is barely any aftermarket parts out there...If you do get him the Triumph I hope you can do all of the maintenance, like I do after it's first service, becuase the dealers charge you an arm and leg...

BTW erv, what are you on? Is that the new 08 zx10r? If it is...man I can't wait to see that thing in 2 weeks!

·
Registered
11,821 Posts
From my Triumph experience...they are one expensive machine to own. Parts are incredibly expensive($20 for a f'n oil filter and $250 for it's first service) and there is barely any aftermarket parts out there...If you do get him the Triumph I hope you can do all of the maintenance, like I do after it's first service, becuase the dealers charge you an arm and leg...

BTW erv, what are you on? Is that the new 08 zx10r? If it is...man I can't wait to see that thing in 2 weeks!
HEHEHE bro you got the eye!!! Yes that is me on a 2008 10R at the show...I love the way that bike looks. I love my 2006 10R but the new one has some goodies. Before I got my 10R by the way, I was looking at the Triumph 675...Great bike and awesome reviews...No links and just no aftermarket parts killed it yet again for me and Triump. My co-worker has one of those Triumph cafe racers and loves it...However, I need stuff to make my bike look and feel better. It is not cheap to get an exotic....However if it were a 675 and he is taller I would say get it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I had a Sprint RS and got to ride a Daytona 600. The Triumphs are the equal of the Japanese big 4 in quality, reliability and fit and finish. They are tuned for more midrange, so the TT600 didn't sell well, even though it handled better than the Japanese 600 in its day. Early versions were released with a very lean EFI map and had drivability problems. That was cured with a update, but some damage was done to its reputation. I traded mine n my Concours before it required a major service, but it requires the exact same procedure to adjust the valves as a Ninja 600/636 (shim under bucket) and should cost exactly the same to do it. I read of Triumph owners buying the shims from Honda and Kawasaki in a pinch; they fit.

Parts were NOT expensive, compared to Kawasaki parts. There is a somewhat limited aftermarket for the TT, but it's mostly because they didn't sell well (HP, again).

The Daytona 600 was better looking and more comfortable, but was a year behind in HP, again, and didn't sell well in the cut-throat 600cc market.

I keep an eye out for a TT600 at a good price.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts