Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I owned three different Kawasaki motorcycle from 1977 through 1984 a KZ 650 , KZ 1000 LTD and KZ 1100. Loved everyone of them. Sold my KZ 1100 in 1984 and finaly decided to find a old Kawasaki to restore. The Bike is all original except tires, luggage rack and plexiglass windshield. All the rubber parts like the drain hoses and boots need to be replaced. Overall the bike just needs to be polished and repainted. Can anyone tell me if you can get original style parts like mufflers or light switches etc.
Also what would the value be if it was totaly restored like show room condition. The bike has 11000 miles on it.
Thanks for any Info

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
sorry it looks like you got lost in the croud. When you do not get a responce right away go to the other threds and intro yourself. I look at e-bay for similer bikes to determon a price to pay or ask. welcome to the fourm and check out all the other threds or start a new one.
Again sorry for not spotting you soooner. Mack

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Sorry, didn't see your question till now. I don't read every board every day. A 76 LTD that needs paint and new rubber stuff is generally in the $750 range if it runs. Less if it doesn't. You will surely need to clean out the gas tank and replace all the rubber bits... especially the carburetor intake rubbers. First thing after doing this is to check compression and rebuild the top end, if needed. It really isn't that big a deal. As far as aftermarket replacement switches and pipes, be prepared to bring your check book. There are replica bits from Japan but the pipes alone will be worth more than the bike. Jeff Saunders www.z1enterprises.com can get any of this stuff. He has new replacement switches and pipes (replica) You can also check eBay...

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
I have two bargains sitting in my garage :lol: the 550 was $900 from Ebay and the 750 was 1050 also from ebay....both were in excellent condition with below 10k miles. Bargains can be found if you patiently 8) look for them. if I keep seeing good deals I will have to build a shed just to hold my bikes :lol:

Heather

·
Registered
16 Posts
You can price other bikes or go by the book but the bottom line is it is worth what you can sell it for.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts