Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I owned three different Kawasaki motorcycle from 1977 through 1984 a KZ 650 , KZ 1000 LTD and KZ 1100. Loved everyone of them. Sold my KZ 1100 in 1984 and finaly decided to find a old Kawasaki to restore. The Bike is a 1976 KZ 900 LTD all original except tires, luggage rack and plexiglass windshield. All the rubber parts like the drain hoses and boots need to be replaced. Overall the bike just needs to be polished and repainted. Can anyone tell me if you can get original style parts like mufflers or light switches etc.
Also what would the value be if it was totaly restored like show room condition. The bike has 11000 miles on it.
Thanks for any Info

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
I would go up on ebay or Cycle Trader and see how much they are going for in those two places. If the bike needs a lot of work, I wouldn't much pay more that $1000 for it....If is it running it is worth a little more than that. You will have to clean and rebuild the carbs, clean out the gas tank, replace all of the hoses and cables.

Try www.uneedapart.com......I found lots of parts there

I paid 1050 for my 750 and it was in pristine condition!!! All it needed was a chain tensioner kit, new speedo, clutch cables and gas lines...that was a steal!!! Put up a before and after picture!!! And keep us posted on the progress!!!!

Heather

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1976 KZ 900 LTD

Thanks for the Information, I paid $900.00 for the bike but it does need a lot of tender loving care to restore to showroom condition. I did read on another website that they only made the 900 LTD one year so if that is true it may be worth a bit more. The carbs were in bad shape but I have been working on them and they look pretty good now. I also got all the plugs firing.The Bike had sat under a shed since 1990 but was not exposed to rain or snow just moisture in the air. I am going to take some pictures of it before I get too deep in the restoring process.

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
On the 82 spectre all we had to do was clean the carbs and have them set. It was the 81 kz that we had to replace the cables and spring tensioner and that was after I put another 12000 miles on it. They are both in a garage and were kept in a garage there whole lives. We were lucky to find them at the price and condition that we did. Her spectre is worth about $2000 and my kz about $1600 but they are not for sale anyway. ....

Mack

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'd say you have a pretty neat bike there. I bought a 76 KZ900 new and loved it but the LTD s were so cool. There is a dealer in Scottsbluff NE called Kawasaki Korner who has been there since 1968 who always tricked out the latest LTD s for himself with chrome stuff. I don't have the number but do a search for dealers to get the phone number. Maybe they can help you there.

·
Obsessed by Z1's
520 Posts
Value - if the bike is in perfect showroom condition, you could expect it to sell for $3500-$4500. However, these bikes drop off in value considerably when the condition is less than perfect.

At the bottom end of the scale, a non-running bike would sell for as little as $500.

A running but cosmetically challenged bike would sell for $1000-$1500.

Originality is key value.

You will struggle to find good pipes for these bikes - new ones are very difficult to find - they were made by Jardine and are poor quality pipes compared to most of the pipes on Kawasaki bikes. The down pipes discolor badly as they are just single-skinned, the mufflers get scraped due to them hanging low.

The LTD model was assembled in Lincoln Nebraska exclusively for the USA market. The parts unique to the 900 LTD are very difficult to find - tank, pipes, seat, grab bar, etc.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I got mine for $100! It is not an ltd and a little work needs to be done (carb cleaning) to get it running. So I take it i got a steal?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts