Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am still thinking about buying a V2K and I was wondering if you have any pros/cons for me. For instance; I have read that the seat is terrible and the rear shock is pretty ruff on bigger bumps. Also I have been searching the net hi and low for any after market items such as: exhaust, intake, sissy bars, saddle bags, and so on but haven't found much. I know buykawasaki.com has a few things and mustang has a seat, and k&n has some different intake systems, but there isn't much more. Should I just wait since it is brand new this year. And also would you recomend that I wait until next year for kawasaki to put out the '05 hoping for some improvements on the seat ect.

Thank you in advance :wink:

·
Registered
151 Posts
I would wait a year to get that bike, it is huge
and first year model. Wait till they get the bugs
worked out. Unless you want to be the first one in
your block. The thing is just way too huge. Bet it
would wreck havoc in a state fair tractor pull.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

i would'nt look for too many design changes on the 05's
and don't count on them changing the seat either :lol:

kawasaki seats BITE :lol: its the first thing everyone changes if you spend any amount of time in the saddle. you may get a better deal though in 05 after the supply gets a little better
:wink:

·
Registered
9 Posts
The seat does suck, but I do not think it is a rough ride. When I bought my bike in Jan there wasn't any mods, but they are being developed. I've already done some body work, filled in the back finder, put a side mount for the plate, LED signals front and back, Thunder air kit (added 12hp and 6 pounds of torque) ISO grips, ISO brake pedal and a custom paint job. There is always something that can be done. I would worry about any bugs on this bike, it is one sound machine. If you wait until the 05s come out I am hearing rumors that Kawasaki is planning on increasing the price again. When the bike was first introduced the list price was 13,499. Last I heard from Kawasaki is that the 05s could increase up to $3000. I can't verify that this is fact, just FYI.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I don't know if the price increase is for sure either, but I do know that steel prices have made a dramatic increase in the USA, so if this has happened all over the world then I would speculate that anything made with steel will increase in price.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts