Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my name is tony im from Rhode Island and im new here i have a 99 nomad that just had the pog replaced at the dealer 2 weeks ago when i picked it up the neutral light would not go on and the bike would cut out when letting the clutch out even when in neutral , with research on line i thought i had figured out that the switch had gone bad cause if i grounded the wire the light would work and the bike would stay running so i replaced the switch with new one and i still have the problem so my question is in, the case what pushes on the switch to activate it ...and would a weak clutch spring cause this problem? thanks in advance all help is appreciated

tony
green on green 99

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
By chance are you talking about the switch on the kickstand? Far as I know that is wired into the mix and if side stand is down when you plunk in gear it kills the engine to keep rocket scientest from driving off with the side stand down. Dont know what to think about your neutral light problem unless maybe the light is burned out.

·
Nobody Home
1,768 Posts
If you think you can remember to put the sidestand up the "fix" is to disable the kickstand switch by cutting the wires going to the switch and connecting them together. It may save you from being on the road and in a gas station filling up at 2:00am and finding you can't go anywhere because the sidestand swich failed (again). Same fix for the clutch switch.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for your input but the kickstand switch tests good i'm leaning towards what ever actuates the neutral switch in the front bevel gear case has any one removed this cover if so anything i should be aware of thanks in advance

tony

1 - 6 of 6 Posts