Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
I'm a new 1984 ZX900 owner. Bought the bike about two days ago for 50 bucks (really good deal). The bike needs a few parts and some work but still not in to bad of shape. I wanted to know if any of you 84-86 ZX900 owners have any advice for me. Especially on any particular problems they have and how to deal with them.

Thanks,
Albert

·
Registered
269 Posts
Can't think of any problems, seems I have heard they are prone to run a little warm but I may be wrong, nothing water wetter wont fix. Very nice bike and quick!
Go to ebay for any parts, there usually is a good number of items for that bike and very reasonable.Avoid Kawasaki as much as possible unless you have deep pockets. Some of the stuff on my bike came from a parted out zx900. Good look on getting her road worthy and ask any questions I am somewhat familiar with the older Ninjas and have been pretty lucky on finding stuff, but at $50.00 your luck sounds pretty **** good!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for replying Whitey. I think I have found a right handlebar(only thing needed to make bike complete) for $65. Is that a decent price? Also does anyone make a frame slider or is there some type of frame slider that will work. I also need turnsignals and a windscreen if anyone out there knows where a can easily get some.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Do you have any pictures of it? I was doing a google search for 84 zx900 and ur post came up. I own an 84 zx900 and was wanting to see some pictures of ur bike if ya could. Dont know anybody with one. Thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The bike is in pieces on my garage floor right now so a pic isnt really available. The exterior is pretty dirty and a littel rough, but everything is there and the engine is very clean. Hopefully I'll have it back on the road by late may/ early june. If you want to meet some more guys with ZX900 check out http://www.gpz900r.co.uk/

Good Luck,
Albert Montgomery

·
Registered
9 Posts
My New (Used) ZX900

Hello All,

First time rider. Taking my safety class in July. Just purchased a used 1984 ZX900 for $1400.00. I bought it as a drop bike (practice ride), but want to keep it for a while. How long do these bike last? Thanx - Dre

·
Registered
12 Posts
Re: My New (Used) ZX900

Walkndead1 said:
Hello All,

First time rider. Taking my safety class in July. Just purchased a used 1984 ZX900 for $1400.00. I bought it as a drop bike (practice ride), but want to keep it for a while. How long do these bike last? Thanx - Dre
do you have any pics of it

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Being that you are in Texas and the temps can get hot as it does in California, you may want to add a manual fan since you are taking the bike apart.

On the right side of the bike is the temp sensor ( has a black wire) simply tap into that with one wire. Place a second wire to ground at the front of your bike by the radiator and connect both to your switch. You can buy a switch at your local hardware store or toggle. I got a black heavy duty toggle since it was the least amount of work to install on the left side of the fairing. If you need some pics. I'll post later.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts