Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

New 2 Site: Need Ninja Help PLZ!

2K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  bikeaholic 
#1 ·
Hey guys great site goin on here!

I've been looking around this site almost everyday for the past two weeks or so, I finally thought it was fitting to sign up to it.

Heres the scoop: I just moved to Maine from Ontario, Canada. I've been looking around at some bike shops and on the net for a new bike to get. I've been thinking a bit more of getting a sport bike. I like the look, the sound and speed :oops: of them to. Im not a crazy mad rider. I used to own a Kawasaki Eliminator 250 a couple of years ago, blew the bottom end on it and had to sell it after the repairs. So now Im thinking of getting either a Ninja 500(R) or Ninja 250(R) *EX500/EX250* Theres a 250 @ my local bike shop for $2000. With my past experiences with 250's (although the eliminator was a much heavier bike) I think 1) It wont be big enough of a bike for me considering Im a 6'0'' 215lb guy and 2)It really wont be able to get me and keep me excited enough (although no matter what I ride I get the excitement jitters. You guys all know what Im talking about)
I've read up all about both bikes and read all reviews on both of them and Im kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place.

In Canada the first thing I did before getting the bike was I took a safety course which taught me SO much (thank god for that) and bought a helmet and leathers. So I have all of that under my belt.

Finally *whats he getting at here* my question is, which do you think I should get the 250 or 500? Im a fairly good rider but I do know that you can never learn enough!

If you guys could give me as much input as possible on both bikes keeping in mind all of the things I have told you I would be greatly appreciative. I feel this is the best place to do this

Thanks for taking the time to read this guys and thanks for the help

Matt

See less See more
#5 ·
Hey Thanks a lot for all the input guys. I took some time for meditaion and thought deeply about it over and over. I've decided on the 500R......mmmmmmm *drool* cant wait.

Thanks again

#9 ·
Yah I know of Corbin. Those are the people who makes the seats out of rear end car and bike parts. Wouldnt that be smooth if they made a Ducati 999 couch or '30's Bently (which would be huge)

Hey Freakinout, I smell a poll commin on. What motorcycle would be best as a couch! :lol: We already know that hondas would be too uncomfortable, and Yamaha's made out of plastic, but still it would be interesting!

Whats your pick?

#10 ·
MaineKawi said:
Yah I know of Corbin. Those are the people who makes the seats out of rear end car and bike parts. Wouldnt that be smooth if they made a Ducati 999 couch or '30's Bently (which would be huge)

Hey Freakinout, I smell a poll commin on. What motorcycle would be best as a couch! :lol: We already know that hondas would be too uncomfortable, and Yamaha's made out of plastic, but still it would be interesting!

Whats your pick?
for a couch? hayabusa all the way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.