Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the latest issue of Moticycle Cruiser mag. Have ya'll seen the new Triumph 2300cc Rocket III? What a beast! It doesn't stir me, as the motor seems to be unatractive from the side the way its mounted but my gosh what a beast! did I say that already?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Rumor has it a touring model is already in the works. The bags and fairing look really good....and it should give the Goldwing a run for its money! Especially since the plain-jane model is only $15k. I imagine the touring model will be competitive with the Goldwing's $18-19k price tag.

·
37,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wonder if it would make a good beginners bike? :lol:

·
Registered
605 Posts
well spok, i recommend going with a bike that is 84.34434 CC's square rooted off of your horoscope "sign" and then kicking it over in a parking lot and trying to pick it up with just your TOES ":p

·
37,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It seems to me the way the motor hangs off the frame that not much thought was given to looks. In my opinion its UGLY. The bike and motor don't seem to mesh

·
Registered
140 Posts
Well....it basically looks like a bike with a whopping big motor. I'm not sure how much they could do to make it look different. I've always been a crotch rocket fan myself so I'm not big on cruiser styling, but I don't think they have much of a choice as far as making the engine look at home.

·
37,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I understand there Good. Dr...just looks like no thought was given to the looks, more like they just bolted a motor to a frame. With all the fins, ribs etc on the motor also detracts from the thing

·
Registered
605 Posts
they really need a three sided exhaust, I don't mind one on each side but I oculdn't go with something that uneven.

·
Registered
140 Posts
spok said:
I understand there Good. Dr...just looks like no thought was given to the looks, more like they just bolted a motor to a frame. With all the fins, ribs etc on the motor also detracts from the thing
Yeah, i see what you're saying. They did just bolt up a motor to the frame. They could have done a little detailing on the engine itself to try and make it look a tad better. Looks kinda rough, maybe they're going for the raw power look? The triple exhaust isn't helping either. Maybe the next model will have some style.

·
37,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
the way the motor looks, it kinda resembles that monstrocity that they built on monster garage out of a semi-truck

·
Registered
70 Posts
my neighbor used to have one of those. and i bet you couldnt make that bike look any better. reminds me of how people try to spot flaws in the government and the military as if the gov. didnt give it ANY thought.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts