Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Rider and I would like to know any tips you all could give me..I now most of the basics but any help is worth knowing.
Oh and if anyone comes through louisiana holla at me ill be around.

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
is hwy 182 still clogged with sugar cane droppings?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well that you speak of that..on my way to USL the cane started yesterday so now its all mud covered and mud clumps all over..you know the area huh

·
Registered
30 Posts
i know the area well, too..i was born in Lafayette. I spent most of my life in St. Charles parish before I moved up to KY about 3 years ago.
GAWD I MISS CRAWFISH.
and boudin
and well, if i listed it all the post would be 95 pages long so I'll stop here :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Know of any good spots to ride..ill be look when this rain stops. oh and where can i get a good helmet and leathers at?any good websites

·
Registered
30 Posts
like i told KDK..the ride from New Orleans to Biloxi on HWY 90 is great. Also, 90 from New Iberia to Houma is pretty decent too. Stay outta 90 from houma to New orleans..its a deathtrap lol.
Also, the ride from Lafayette to Grand Cheniere is cool. lots of marshland to see. Just watch out for the gators, flip ya clean off your bike...then they'll chase you :shock:

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

he ain't kiddin' :lol: i've made that ride many times and each time
is a new experience,especially that last stretch into N.O headed west
no gas,no food-just fish camps and gators :lol:

·
37,387 Posts
Insert said:
Well that you speak of that..on my way to USL the cane started yesterday so now its all mud covered and mud clumps all over..you know the area huh
lived in Morgan City better part of 20 years and am a proud graduate of Morgan City High School, class of '82. Yeah, I know that area.

·
Registered
30 Posts
my grandparents are from Morgan City :)
Pop ran the texaco/bridgeline refinery there for years.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Insert said:
New Rider and I would like to know any tips you all could give me..I now most of the basics but any help is worth knowing.
Oh and if anyone comes through louisiana holla at me ill be around.
Welcome to the family,

If you have hills its better to break in your bike under load rather than just a straight line on flatlands.

You are on the right track looking for some solid gear for yourself. Establish you budget and figure on what you want to spend on your equipment.

Helmet
2nd visor
Gloves
Boots
Jacket
Pants

Keep a few items that people can give you for Xmas gifts etc...he he :lol:

·
37,387 Posts
1Adam12 said:
If you have hills its better to break in your bike under load rather than just a straight line on flatlands.

:
Ain't no hills in south Louisiana, unless you go to Avery Island

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I could go for authentic gumbo soup today though. Cool and a little windy. Jacket weather.

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
welcome

welcome to the forum. take a look at www.motorcyleclosouts.com, and of course there is always my favorite, Ebay ! good luck finding some good gear, and enjoy that bike.

·
Registered
30 Posts
adam my family gumbo recipe is over 150 years old (modified, of course)
if you've got the patience to stand over a pot stirring for an hour without stopping i'd be happy to tell ya how to make your very own authentic cajun gumbo :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts