Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to tighten tranny belt on me machine with just 35 hrs! And I could not and the shop can’t get the front pulley off where the clutch is any body else have this problem? :? :? :?

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have never seen that before except on a Polaris that was 5 years old and never maintained. Is the shop/dealership using a puller to get the drive clutch off? If not it wont come off!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I asked the Pasadena Tx. dealer about tightening my belt and he said it was not adjustable. I told him I've seen discussion of using shims on ATV forums and he ademantly stated it could not be done. He suggested if your going to that much trouble... replace the belt. Anybody know if it can be adjusted???? Maybe I'll email beartooth. Later :mrgreen:

·
Registered
142 Posts
the belt deflection is adjustable. It does require some special/homemade tools and shims and a kawasaki service manual. Replacing the belt is just an easy/lazy fix.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had to return it to the dealer to get the belt tightened or replaced. Because it is still under warranty I returned it to my dealer. When they tried to remove the Clutch! It would not come off and had to air chisel it off from the machine, well it has now been 3 1/2 weeks and they still waiting on a new clutch, how long should this take?
I have a service manual and seen how to do the work, bought a clutch puller and tried, no go!!!!! :( :(

·
Registered
15 Posts
Air chisel!!! No way I could be without mine for 3 weeks. I use it or play on it every day. First thing out of my sons mouth when I get home... "Dad can we ride the 4wheeler"? I've got almost 100 hours on mine. No slipping, no noise. Pull trailers, eat mud and general hard riding. Air chisel!!! Not looking forward to replacing or adjusting. Homemade tools??? Sounds like your Kawa dealer could use Joey's homemade tools. Later.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have gotten my Parrie back,New drive pulley and clutch, runs great just 3 and 1/2 week wait, and yes you can adust the belt with shims on the back pulley :p :p :p

·
Registered
15 Posts
Does the service manual have instructions for shimming the belt?? I don't have one yet as they are hard to find for the 04's. I like to do my own work and am planning to get one when I can find one. Even if I screw it up the first time, I learn something and save money at the same time. Later.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Go to Nyroc's web site under tech tips: http://atv.dnsalias.com/

Almost all of the 650 info is the same for the 360. If you need anything specific for the 360 (deflection, belt width, etc...) just let me know. I've got the 360 service manual.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Great, I appreciate the offer of help from your manual. I've heard of the site you mentioned, but can't hit personal websites from work and haven't surfed for it at home yet. Fortunately nothing has broken yet. Had to weld up the Yerf Dog last night due to my son (9yrs.) jumping the elevated driveway, but my 360 takes it smooth as silk. I think my bumper actually cracks a smile when I jump it. I know I do. Thanks again for the help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts