Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,540 Posts
I used to ride a Yamaha...and even had a set of Kenny Roberts cloned leathers...between him, Eddie Lawson, and Freddie Spencer...you'd be super Dave

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's a very technical track. Very sophisticated from a riders perspective. it takes a lot of riding skill, throttle control, and shifting properly to master the track. If you are trying to hone your skills for racing, this would be the track to test yourself on. If you are a weekend rider there to have fun, the technical nature takes away (or more like frustrates) the day's riding. I was grumbling at myself for missing turns and apexes all day!

That said, any day on the track is better than not, and I DID have a lot of fun. I'm in novice, by the way, but moving to Intermediate. The instructors said my times at Barber were ok for Int level. I was running low 150s on the hawk. not sure on the Triumph because the lap timer wasn't positioned right to get readings.

My personal favorite so far is Road Atlanta. I'm going to CMP in November, and next year I'm hoping to get up to VIR for a day.

The track was MUCH easier to ride on the hawk than my Triumph because it didn't require nearly as much shifting. I was in 2nd for one turn, but generally 3 and 4 most everywhere else.

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,540 Posts
loved to autocross back in the day...would love to get the 14 on the track for some high speed runs. I think for real track though, i would love to have a little 636

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.