Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd take a moment and introduce myself to all the forum members. Just bought a 2002 Vulcan 800 (new, got a great deal!) after a hiatus of 28 years from riding. Use to motocross from age 12 to 18 but then college expenses and high maintenance women caused me to unload the bike. Graduated college but haven't kicked the high maintenance women habit :wink: .

Seems like a friendly forum from what I've read and, just as importantly, a very knowledgeable one as well. Hopefully, as I become more experienced I will be able to lend some advice and assistance here as well.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Welcome! It is a nice place and always glad to see new people.

Joe

·
Registered
837 Posts
welcome to the forum saki.....ride safe and come visit often :wink:

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

welcome :wink: 800 is a great bike -welcome back to riding!

ride safe!

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
welcome aboard

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all for your warm welcomes. :D

·
Registered
456 Posts
Saki, huh?

That reminds me of my high school physics professor, who told me about one of those old World War II Japanese soldiers who was found on a deserted island. He didn't know that the war had been over for years. They asked him how he survived all those years by himself. His said, "It was actually a very good life here. Whenever I made meat dishes, I just pretended that it was steak. And I would ferment rice to make liquor, so it was like a party every night. You know what they say . . . cow and saki, let the good times roll!"

I've been waiting a long time to tell that one.
Curt

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Glad I could provide the opportunity........................I think. 8)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Welcome and you are right. Very knowledgeable group of people!

Have a good time!

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and congrats on the new ride. You picked the right place. Some great folks, and great info can be found in here :)

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
Ken,

your avatar is from one of my all time fav bugs episodes

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
spok said:
Ken,

your avatar is from one of my all time fav bugs episodes
Thanks! I have a headwrap with the same image on it, it gets alot of laughs. Funny how that old cartoon brings back so many great memories :)

·
Registered
456 Posts
That episode was pretty good. A very similar one, which is one of my favorites, was when they did songs from "The Barber of Seville." That's opera that even bikeaholic could like!
Curt

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

yep-i'm down with that rendition :lol: but i like the square dancing one
when bugs tells him beat himself with a fencepost or something like that :lol:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts