Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 1999 Vulcan 800 (VN800A) last year, and rode it around my yard for about 30 miles. This year, one of the spark plugs wasn't working correctly, and it was firing on only 1 cylinder. After replacing the plugs, it started just fine, but only on choke, and it started leaking fuel from the idle ports and main jet. After purchasing a rebuild kit, and replacing everything that wasn't difficult to get to, it had the same issue. So I decided to try and remove the plug for the air/fuel mixture screw, and snapped the post off. Now I have a brand new carb from the factory, and I'm still having issues with fuel leaking from the main and idle ports. It runs fine at idle with the choke pulled, but as soon as the engine is warm and I push the choke in, the engine dies and fuel spills from the air filter side of the carb. Any ideas on what the issue is? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Verify fuel and float bowl vent lines not crossed and vent line is clear. Also verify tank vent not plugged. petcock is operated by engine vacuum. See if fuel still leaks with petcock in Prime position and engine off. Choke is not an actual choke butterfly, it opens an "enricher" valve to add extra fuel.

sticking slide could cause to idle only and die when throttle opened.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts