Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
VROC #25645
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, having completed the necessary steps to convince the missus it's cool, I finally started ordering some bling and goodies.
First item up is the radiator grille..... I've already had a rock fly up and whack it, had to touch up the stock screen, so I decided something a little beefier would be good......and this is shiny, lol.
This is the stainless steel mirror polish... I love that the guy made sure you could see his reflection when he took the picture.

Let's see how it works.

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
Well, having completed the necessary steps to convince the missus it's cool, I finally started ordering some bling and goodies.
First item up is the radiator grille..... I've already had a rock fly up and whack it, had to touch up the stock screen, so I decided something a little beefier would be good......and this is shiny, lol.
This is the stainless steel mirror polish... I love that the guy made sure you could see his reflection when he took the picture.

Let's see how it works.
thats perdy, where did you get it from?

·
VROC #25645
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And a few more things. I'm in a leather mood, apparently.
This

AND a set of these mudflaps (which originally cracked me up, until I thought about it

And one 'a these here bags.

THERE. Now it won't look just like all the others for sure. But it's only a start. Have to wait for my other auctions on Ebay to finish so I can buy more :tongue:

·
Vegas Vulcan
1,161 Posts
Personally, I like to make my radiator as inconspicuous as possible. I really like the body colored cowls I see on Meanies that have that little scoop at the bottom towards the front wheel.

Who makes that tank bib? Looks like a nice deep pocket.

·
Father Guidosarducci
565 Posts
Well I might as well join you since it was my b-day yesterday woot $300 to spend

River Road Zip-Off Classic Slant Saddlebag - Regular, Large Size

Show Chrome Accessories (Big Bike Parts) Saddlebag Stays - Kawasaki VN2000/VN900

Kuryakyn Wide Style Lever Sets EN500, VN800 Vulcan, VN900

Show Chrome Accessories (Big Bike Parts) -Celestar Regulator Cover

Show Chrome Accessories (Big Bike Parts) Brake Reservoir Cover

Kuryakyn Brake Pedal Cover/Heel Shift Cover

Kuryakyn Shift Peg Cover

Cobra Dash Plaque Smooth - Vulcan 800's

Christmas is almost here too :) and I'll have these items next week.

·
Yet another 800 Bobber...
598 Posts
Personally, I like to make my radiator as inconspicuous as possible.
+1, the radiator on a V-twin is something I want to hide away as much as possible. I've never understood the idea of a sparkling chromed grill that will attract all attention to it, but everyone to his own.

·
VROC #25645
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A- I don't have a lot of faith in the stock rad protector. Mine's already taken a few dings, and 2 have translated thru it. The wire's nice enough, but not a lot of protection. I intend to put the chrome over it. That big, black hole at the front of the bike makes me want to brighten it up, so I did. Or rather, I will.
B- Mudflaps..... I know, eh? I laughed my azz off at first. But then I thought about it, and then I started looking at more leather, and suddenly there was a "theme" going on in my head. I think they'll lend an even more "retro" look, and I've had to clean mud outta the rad enough times to know that they'll be of some use, anyhow. Funny thing, I think they'd suit Kevin's silver sweetheart even better than my bike. We'll see. I think it's going to be cool.

OH, and the tank bib is a Hopnel, apparently.
A biker would carry a whip for many reasons...... Cheri? Ang? Care to elaborate? LOL.
Cool link

·
VROC #25645
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh, and btw...... thanks SO much for reminding me about Chilhowee. I'm sure I can spend all my money now. GEEZ
Fork covers
hmm. ooh, LOOK!.................

·
VROC #25645
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You know, I really like those, too. I was eyeballing them, but I'm shooting for a more "retro" kinda thing. My first thought about them was "on a meanie. OH YEAH, on a meanie"

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
we got 1 of those radiator covers for our 1500. I had to remove the stock screen to allow the tabs of the cover to attach properly, and I wasn't real happy with the gaps in the new cover as far as preventing road crap from damaging the radiator. What I did was cut the tabs off of the stock screen and then slide it in behind the new cover. There is a slight lip at the bottom of the radiator that lets it sit in place, and the new cover holds it there.

Also- not sure how it is on the 900, but I had to disconnect the radiator and slide it forward to get to the screws that held the protective screen in place. Sorta a pain in the butt, but it looks nice now that it's all done.

·
VROC #25645
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey, Dan, thanks for the tip. I'm expecting it any day now. If it proves the same on mine, I'll see about fabbing some clips of some type to hold the screen in place behind the stainless, but if the lower lip holds it ok, maybe I'll be alright.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Want Retro Mirrors???

I was eyeballing them, but I'm shooting for a more "retro" kinda thing.
Ditto on the retro look. I found and bought these mirrors about three months ago from eBay. Old-style round mirrors. They're metal not plastic, and they already have the 10mm threaded ends, so you don't need separate parts like the other aftermarket mirrors. They're nice and solid, haven't worked loose, and don't vibrate at highway speed! They're tall enough that you have good view of what's behind you.
eBay Motors: 2 Round Motorcycle Mirrors-Kawasaki H1,H2,KZ900,KZ1000 (item 200173260656 end time Nov-17-07 07:08:02 PST)
Best thing, they were only $13.95 for the pair including shipping, and had them at my door in about 4 days.

·
VROC #25645
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Those are pretty sweet, but I'm ok with the ones on it for now. I'm going to keep the eyes peeled for something really unique.... maybe I'll find it, maybe not, lol.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts