Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed some new blinkers in the front of my ex500... Only now the indicator lights stay on. They are real dim, but on none the less. It wasn't like that before I installed them. I unplugged them and it went away, so I'm not sure what's up. Any idea's?
Thanks..

·
Registered
71 Posts
Go back and check the wattage of the bulbs that are fitted to the indicators you replaced, Now check the wattage of the bulbs in the indicators you have just fitted.
If the ones fitted are quite a bit higher in wattage then thats more than likely the problem, The indicator relay fitted to your bike is only designed for a max loading enabling it to flash at the correct rate..

If this is the case then you've got two options.
Fit the old bulbs in your new indicators. or
Purchase a relay up to flashing your new indicators with the new bulbs.

Another reason indicators may not flash is loss of an earth or poor earth.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
blinkers

The old ones were LED's... So I can't use those bulbs. The lights themselves flash fine. The only problem is the indicator light up by the gauges stay on all the time. They are very dim, but still on. Then when I turn the blinker on it goes to normal brightness and blinks. It's just the always on dim problem. I'll check the wattage though.. Thanks.

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
DIM

Check one bulb at a time to see which one it is causing the problem...Personally I'd find LED replacements. They draw less current are brighter and you don't have to worry about an element not working especially when you need it to (which is ALL OF THE TIME).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts