Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
When has customizing your bike EVER made financial sense???

You either have to have them or you don't. The dudes in business so I says some folks HAS to have them.

·
This snow has got to go!
513 Posts
Either way, that's an insane amount for wheels. Of course, if I had the cash I'd probably get them. :lol:
+1

Fun to sit on here with empty pockets talking about them being too expensive but if i had $3K layinig around i may just have a change of heart!

·
U.S. Army Sgt. Vet.
42 Posts
After a kit like that is installed how does the rear suspension/ride change. More rigid? Just curious as i would love the look!

·
ILBTS
1,248 Posts
I doesn't affect the ride, the rear shock is adjustable so you can control the "stiffness".....

Robb
it wont affect the "ride", but it *will* affect the handleing. ive only ridin a couple bikes with fat rearends (one was raked out pretty good too) and they do turn differently. turning seems slower. not the real setup for twisties is what Ive heard.

·
Registered
241 Posts
it wont affect the "ride", but it *will* affect the handleing. ive only ridin a couple bikes with fat rearends (one was raked out pretty good too) and they do turn differently. turning seems slower. not the real setup for *curves* is what Ive heard.
I think they're really nice. With the proper rider, I'd think they'd attract a different type of curve. :newyear:

rick

·
vulcan 900 custom
59 Posts
You can get a krome or polished wheels through RC comp. for about the same price with a wider selection. As for the ride with the wide tire I have been riding mine for about 8 months and I can not feel that big a different. The problem that I have found is that there is not a 240 finder out there so you are using a 210 fender. Because of that there is rubbing if you do not raise the shock and don't lower the swing arm.

·
Stealth Custom
4,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You can get a krome or polished wheels through RC comp. for about the same price with a wider selection. As for the ride with the wide tire I have been riding mine for about 8 months and I can not feel that big a different. The problem that I have found is that there is not a 240 finder out there so you are using a 210 fender. Because of that there is rubbing if you do not raise the shock and don't lower the swing arm.
there are a few 240 fenders out..........off the top off my head i can think of the britt and the sumo-x.......

·
Stealth Custom
4,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.