Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is finally a CDI coming out for the V-Twin. I tested it for a few months for Dynatek and it rocks. I don't know what the pricing is going to be, but you can contact dyna at [email protected] and ask as well as see if you can get one reserved.

I have 4 bare bones pages up about it if you want to see some pics and the timing curve.

http://home.comcast.net/~raptor2/dynatek1.htm

Peace,
Sgt_Rock

·
Registered
14 Posts
cdi

Sgtrock, I've seen your posts elsewhere and have been really impressed with your knowledge on this new cdi. The majority of the talk seems to be the superiority of the cdi compared to the HL module. In a stock V force what type of gains are reallistic ? What mods would help get the most out of it ? I have spent so much time reading about the cdi/module conflict that I could have read a years worth of Dirt Wheels ! If the cdi is going for 250/300 bucks I'll put one on my prarie and my Vforce too. Good gains with no down time- Dynatech will sell a zillion of them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glenn,

Thanks for the compliment. As far as mods go, a stock bike will benefit from the advanced timing of the CDI. Bikes with cams, clutch work, and head work will benefit from the higher rev limiter as well. However, If you have a module installed, it will no longer give you any benefit. The new CDI doesn't use the speed sensor for timing advance, which is where the modules work.

The comparisions of the modules (HL, DG and others) with the CDI are pretty intense. The modules are still a good mod for some riders - it is going to depend on the rider and what they want out of the mod. For me, the CDI is a better solution than the module but that doesn't mean that is the case for everyone else. I think the big issue is that HL is treating it like an all or nothing deal. There is room for both on the market.

If you want maximium improvement, the CDI is the way to go. If you're looking for extra kick without spending a couple of hundred $, the modules are fine.

Peace,
Sgt_Rock

·
Registered
14 Posts
cdi

Well, sounds like a no-brainer to me. I'm going to try to get one for my Vforce first and see how it goes. I'll be headed down to Sand Hollow before too long and hopefully I can get one before I go. Maybe it'll help me keep up with my buddy on his DS650. That blasted Ski Doo is really quick and my buddy is 20 years younger than I am. Now back in the good old days......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts