Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
Thought I would share my excitement of my new seat. All I can say is WOW! Never thought it would make this much of a difference. The Corbin Seat sits me nicely into the saddle instead of on top. Just what I was hoping for. Perfect fit...Probably sits me lower 1-2 inches. (feels like it anyway)
here are some before and after pics for your enjoyment :)

A Big Thanks to Tom....

·
Black, Chrome, & Leather
108 Posts
Yeah, the Corbin Young Guns is the coolest seat made. No good for 2-up at all, but you can't beat the feeling for solo riding. I had one on my Honda and I wish I could afford one for the Vulcan. I had to go Mustang for the wife, but I'd rather be sitting on a real leather Corbin any day! :)

·
Registered
180 Posts
i also have corbin but i have the dual tourer. really comfortable seat but i like the looks of the young guns better. i got the dual tourer for the wifey, but i ordered the young guns for when she is not riding.

·
Perpetual Motion
6,663 Posts
I must say, I sure think it LOOKS a lot better! Really do not like the red on the stocker.

Oh, and I love my Corbin's. Real leather that's real comfortable. Now that's a saddle!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree, I think the all black seat looks much better. This seat is way firmer than the stock seat but much more comfy. As for the Pop Top WS, I guess I am going to have to go to something bigger.(Alleycat, Big Shot) Buffeting is getting to be a pain. It's not much, just enough to be bothersome. I've slid the fork mounts all the way up and all the way down. Didnt make much difference. Wonder if changing out helmets would work??????

Any suggestions on the buffeting issue??? Thanks

·
Registered
161 Posts
I agree, I think the all black seat looks much better. This seat is way firmer than the stock seat but much more comfy. As for the Pop Top WS, I guess I am going to have to go to something bigger.(Alleycat, Big Shot) Buffeting is getting to be a pain. It's not much, just enough to be bothersome. I've slid the fork mounts all the way up and all the way down. Didnt make much difference. Wonder if changing out helmets would work??????

Any suggestions on the buffeting issue??? Thanks
Can you do some cutting down on the windshield? I had a Harley once and the buffeting was bad. I trimmed it d o w n a bit and it was gone!

A full face helmet might be the answer as well, but personally I don't like full face helmets. They look out of place on cruisers. Last month in Europe I saw lots of guys on cruisers with full face helmets but it looks weird.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No, Have not riddin very far. Work is only bout 10 miles each way. Looking forward to some saddle time.

What leads me to think it might be a helmet thing is the slight buffeting I am getting is worse with a full face. Also have alot of wind noise in the ff helmet that I did not have before I put the shield on..Might could go smaller rather than bigger?? Hmmm.....

·
Registered
161 Posts
No, Have not riddin very far. Work is only bout 10 miles each way. Looking forward to some saddle time.

What leads me to think it might be a helmet thing is the slight buffeting I am getting is worse with a full face. Also have alot of wind noise in the ff helmet that I did not have before I put the shield on..Might could go smaller rather than bigger?? Hmmm.....
Going smaller might sound strange but it worked for me.
No buffeting any more and no bugs.

Sometimes having your head above the shield works better but it also depends on how far away you are from the shield.

I have cut many shields. Put some maskingtape on it and cut along the edge or get a glass shop to do it for you. Takes only a couple of minutes.

On my Triumph I have a little fly-screen on the headlight to keeps the bugs off me.
Bugs can be a pain in the face.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts