Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Just Getting Started
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about doing a complete debaffle job on my 2007 VN 900. As I read over all the posts I heard of people trying not to mess up the pipe while using a Sawz All to cut the pipe. I came up with a great way to cut my pipe without any damage or having to work around the end caps. I don't know if anyone else did this but I put a Dremel with a 3/4" cutting plate up the pipe and cut it off without any issue. I did go through a couple of the plates, but it was sooooooo easy. Stop messing around with the Sawz All.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Snowmobile,
I have the same bike and have taken the oval disc off the rear of the exhausts. I have been trying to think of an easy way to remove the plates that the discs are pop rivetted to. I think I will buy a dremel. It could come in handy in the future. I have already drilled out the 4 plates up both of the exhausts. How does yours sound ?

Magpie

·
Just Getting Started
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It sounds awesome! I did the complete debaffle so it sounds like many others, you can find the sound bites. I just found a different way of getting the pipe down to the baffle. Good luck!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
As I read over all the posts I heard of people trying not to mess up the pipe while using a Sawz All to cut the pipe.
When I did the Stage 2 on mine, I used my reciprocating saw with a blade for metal and while I was indeed careful, the fact that I generously covered the surrounding pipe with lots of painter's tape helped the few times that the saw jumped on me! :biggrin:

·
Just Getting Started
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I used the hole saw as well, but it came later. I used the dremel right after i drilled the rivets out and took the end cap off and needed to cut the pipe down to the baffle.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Not having a reciprocating saw I took a hack saw blade and shortened it, ground the end to fit in a jig saw I had, and did the necessary cutting.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I bought the Great Neck rotary tool from AutoZone..best investment I have made. Make sure you buy one with the cord..the cordless Dremels run down too fast.
T.O.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Decided to do Stage 2 on my 2007 VN900 Classic today. Went to a mates work while he was doing a bit of overtime , borrowed his small air reciprocating saw, broke off a 4 inch length of a new hacksaw and 10 minutes later the ends were off. Five minutes and 16 holes later the job was done. All I have to do now is spray paint the inside of the exhaust end and happy days !. The sound is a lot better. Wish I had done it ages ago. Attached (if it works) are photos and one of my stock bike.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I didn't spray mine after a while they turn black form the exhaust fumes.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I tried the Dremel idea when I debaffled mine, and after going through many of the hardenened cutting discs, I used a shortened hacksaw blade after removing the rear covers. The hacksaw blade worked better (no sawzall) and was less frustrating.

·
My hat is made of tinfoil
20,826 Posts
Easier yet, just unbolt the pipes completely and toss them away.
No need for anything more than the header pipes.

Hey why give a **** how much noise it makes.

If you watch south park you can see ideas how to make a bike even louder and more annoying to **** off everyone........not just the 99% of peopel it will make mad already.

woohoo.....................yell and scream while ya ride it to...............adding a train horn is cool as heck to.

and every 300 yards light a stick of dynamite and toss it for extra noise.....never can get enough I tell ya.

·
Just Getting Started
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not a problem in Utah. They only do safety inspections to make sure your brakes, horn, and lights work.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts