Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Moto Mez
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been on a steady change for the past couple of months. Tank, rear fender, front end, exhaust, and I wanted to changed up my exhaust again. I have been wanting to build some mid controls for my bike and needed to make a new exhaust system to start.

Before. I really liked this set but I needed a change.

This front bend was a severe pain. Doesn't look like it but to get it level and around my side cover and straight was much fun.

I had to make a couple of real tight bends to get my rear pipe under and in line with my front pipe.

Got em straight and just needed to cut my rear pipe and weld on my bend like the front.

All finished up and ready to smooth out the welds. I started that night but I was getting tired and figured I would save it for another day.

Took me awhile but I am happy with the way they turned out. Next up is the mids.

·
Moto Mez
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Are those gonna be a bit warm to you leg?
No my leg stays out of them. That is why I had the front pipe come down before going back. I can put my leg down and it doesn't touch the pipe.

I am using a Miller 140 gas mig. My brother bought it and it is awesome. Has the regular controls and you can switch it to auto set. It rules.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
No my leg stays out of them. That is why I had the front pipe come down before going back. I can put my leg down and it doesn't touch the pipe.

I am using a Miller 140 gas mig. My brother bought it and it is awesome. Has the regular controls and you can switch it to auto set. It rules.
Yeah that's a nice welder. I've been looking at Lincolns, Millers and Hobarts.

·
USE BATH SALTS
298 Posts
Yeah that's a nice welder. I've been looking at Lincolns, Millers and Hobarts.
i think miller makes hobart. you can pick those up for a little cheaper i think. i got mine on ebay, free shipping, brand new with warranty. heres another place with some good prices. Cyberweld.com - Welding Supplies - Miller, Hobart & More just gotta do some lookin. its better to have a machine that will do a little bit more than you think youre gonna do. i would have got a 180, but my garage shop is only set up for 110v.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
i think miller makes hobart. you can pick those up for a little cheaper i think. i got mine on ebay, free shipping, brand new with warranty. heres another place with some good prices. Cyberweld.com - Welding Supplies - Miller, Hobart & More just gotta do some lookin. its better to have a machine that will do a little bit more than you think youre gonna do. i would have got a 180, but my garage shop is only set up for 110v.
I'm actually getting the 125 for $220 shipped so that's hard to beat. I figure for that price, when it's time to upgrade, I can probably sell it for what I bought it for and break even. LOL

1 - 20 of 102 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.