Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya, looking at getting a 4 into 1 system sent over from USA for my 81 GPZ1100 injected.
Is there a problem on these with the fueling when you put a system on like that, or do those old injection systems cope ok no probs?

Unlike a lot of modern sports bikes that need new fuel curves and tinkering once the exhaust is replaced I'm kinda wondering if anyone has had any issues, or just bolt up and go!!!:mrgreen:

Cheers.

·
Registered
11,328 Posts
I put a Kerker system K on my 82 GPz1100 B2 (one year older than yours) with no problem. I'd make sure the sensors have clean electrical connections.

I think your bike has an air flow sensor in the air box, so I'd suggest it be checked for operation.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I'm with MFolks on this...The FI sytem (e.g. 'computer') is self-correcting to a point and will allow changes to the exhaust system just as long as the airbox/sensors are not changed. So, the CPU will accomodate for swapping pipes. I put Kerkers on my first KZ1100B2 and the bike ran well.

·
Registered
11,328 Posts
If the very pricey electronic ignition system is acting up, a "Wizard" at KZrider.com - Home has designed a suitable replacement using off the shelf GM modules.

General Motors HEI Ignition Module For GPZ550
The bike must have the mechanical ignition advancer to use this modification.

A list of GM cross index parts numbers for these modules:
GM HEI Ignition Modules (4 Pin)

AC DELCO ----------------------- DM1906 or D1906

WELLS -----------------------------DR 100

ACCEL -----------------------------ACC 35361/ACC 35367

PERTRONIX ---------------------D2000

CAR QUEST ---------------------21040

NAPA ECHLIN ------------------ECH TP45

NIEHOFF --------------------------DR 400

BORG WARNER ----------------Select CBE4/CBE22

GM-----------------------------------10482820

Mallory------------------------------607

Jegs---------------------------------- 555-40600

Moroso------------------------------97857

·
Registered
11,328 Posts
A rider who's from England "Schorly", has recently completed this modification to his bike. To read about it, go to KZrider.com - Home Look for "Loudhvx's ignitor diagram" under the electrical section in the forum there.

Again, this will only work with a bike having the mechanical ignition advancer(usually under a CD sized cover on the right side of the engine at the end of the crankshaft).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts