Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my Premeux fairing this weekend. I'm still waiting on the fiberglass lowers, but wasn't gonna wait for them before mounting this beauty. Hopefully the lowers will arrive this week and I'll be able to post some more pics (Also supposed to get my Corbin trunk this week)!

The fairing itself was a breeze to install, taking only about 30 minutes from start to finish. However, putting the speakers and amp in for the mp3 player took about another hour. I love the way it looks - they did a great job matching the OEM paint.

I got to ride for about 30 minutes this morning, but then it started sleeting and then snowing so I decided to park it - Don't mind it cold, but cold-n-wet are not my idea of fun on two wheels. Initial impressions: I'm very pleased with this latest mod. It was windy as all get-out today, so hard to say as to how much more wind is blocked than the stock shield, but it is definately a noticeable difference. It seems there is more wind noise than the oem shield, but that could've been the heavy winds today. There was also a noticeable reduction in the amount of helmet buffeting - Not that I had bad buffeting before, but there is zero buffeting with the fairing. The stereo was nice in town, but was hard to hear at 65mph and above - Again, have to see what it sounds like when the wind isn't so bad. Hopefully the lowers will arrive this week. I think they'll really complete the look. Thankfully it was slightly sunny yesterday so I could snap off a couple quick pics before it snowed.

·
Another fat truck driver!
12 Posts
Bike looks nice with the fairing, I see you have the CWI lightbar did you have to do anything to make them work with the fairing?

·
Premium Member
2,603 Posts
Gorgeous, Nomad = Best Looking Bike Ever !!!

Now you have 4 months of winter to get the mods complete. I need to see some bag rails, fender guards, V&H baggers, oh and while you're at it go ahead and get the Mustang Touring Seat :biggrin:

·
667 Neighbor of the Beast
291 Posts
Sweet bike. Now it looks almost as good as mine.:lol: Congratulation on the new fairing.

·
Registered
12,874 Posts
OMG!!!!! That is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:
I know Chaz wants one and since you have the same bike and color, he can see how GORGEOUS it looks! You're right, the color looks the same as OEM!!!!!

I just went and looked at their web site....I assume you got it from their web site, right? Do you order and wait for them to contact you? Then you sent them the money certified? I just can't get over how gorgeous that looks on your bike!!!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:
I want one on my Nomad....whoops....I mean on hubby's Nomad!!! :lol: ;)

·
Registered
498 Posts
Looks nice. VERY NICE!!! Kinda makes you wonder why Kaw doesn't do this themselves? BB
Because they want us to go buy a Victory Vision? Agree with your question.

Herb

·
Registered
18 Posts
Very nice ideed. Judging form the pictures the color match is right on. I'm going to their web site after I log off here.

·
Registered
131 Posts
It certainly adds to the already great look of the Nomad!

And the paint looks spot on.

Very nice!

Was :)

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
:biggrin: Hey Cheri, heard you were under the weather....Sure hope you are feelin better....Hope to see you and Chaz again next summer:cool:
OMG!!!!! That is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:
I know Chaz wants one and since you have the same bike and color, he can see how GORGEOUS it looks! You're right, the color looks the same as OEM!!!!!

I just went and looked at their web site....I assume you got it from their web site, right? Do you order and wait for them to contact you? Then you sent them the money certified? I just can't get over how gorgeous that looks on your bike!!!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:
I want one on my Nomad....whoops....I mean on hubby's Nomad!!! :lol: ;)

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
Me want, me want, me want!!! That looks great. Would love to put one on my Nomad. The color looks spot on. Going to their website next. Congrats on the awesome bike.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Bike looks nice with the fairing, I see you have the CWI lightbar did you have to do anything to make them work with the fairing?
Nope - Mounts the same as with the windshield - the back of the lights are just a lot closer to the fairing than they were to the shield.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts