Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the site grows, I am sure there will be an increasingly large population of women (especially seeing how popular the Ninja 500 and 250 are with them). Would it be possible to have a female-oriented forum? Somewhere to share concerns regarding finding well-fitting gear, etc.?

Thank you.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I can understand where you're coming from stella. Wanting your own forum for the ladies. But dont you think that male and female riders should unite instead of separating? Plus, we like the ladies input.

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
LADIES FORUM

No way...we have way to many divisions in our country already. Then again you could have all the ladies just log on whenever and overrun the site...there is no difference between M/F when it comes to questions or answers with reference to motorcycles. Although I almost take offence to the remark about Ninja 250R and Ninja 500R and Ladies...I understand where someone might say that based even upon the figures/statistics...but it seems almost profiling...with the reference. Besides you could be either gender and use any name that you wanted. Personally I'm no longer offended when I receive mail to MS. Lindsey J. Angell. I'm a guy... IF you don't like the attention given to you on the site because your name is Stella, get back on and create a new one for Steve, Stellar, or something creative! I guess that goes to anyone out there including BOB. Even if he gets confused about his name and spells it backwards (like in a senior moment) it just doesn't matter! Sorry, BOB...I like to hear what EVERYONE has to say and I can learn from all sorts of angles and levels of knowledge. These engineers that speek "motor" can talk way over my head (sometimes) and sometimes you get someone that just needs a simple answer...last week it was an idle screw that needed adjusted...something simple not as deep as some of us were going with vacuum lines...broken petcocks...this is a cool learning tool!

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Hey this is Bob ( yes it is spelled correctly ). Question I have is , Is there really many issues that warrant a gender based forum. There are already sites that cater to lady riders, this site is based on grouping all riders of Kawasaki's regardless of gender, age, or bike type. Now I would have no problem with creating a Lady's forum but it would have to serve a specific need that I'm not fully appreciating right now.

Other than what napkin/tampon is most comfortable/effective when riding. Are there any other issues that need to be adressed ?. Feel free to let us know what they are , I will bounce anybody that doesn't respond in an appropriate and courtious manner.

Now people don't get your undies in a knot, I'm just trying to get info that apparently some feel uncomfortable posting here, so to get that info I must take draconian mesures. :twisted:

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

:lol: i think it just gives them a place to talk about us :lol: j/k
really though i've visited the girl forums on the h/d board i use and the topics vary quite a bit
from clothing to ride techniques to bike customizing but very little wrench talk.
i have no problem with it because its not really separating the female riders from the rest(its still on the board for all to access)it just gives the girls a placed to carry on their own conversations. at this stage i don't think there is enough here to justify it but down the road the road if female activity on the board warrants it - its not a bad idea :wink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts