Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, first post here. Just completed MSF BRC and got my first bike, a 2004 Vulcan 750 with 4150 miles. Had some trouble starting it up last night (cold start); think I may have the idle adjusted too low. Was reading over this thread and seems like that's what I'm experiencing. Anyway, can't really ride it for a few more days because I had to special order a helmet large enough for my head.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Congrats on the bike! Post and let us know if you get that idle figured out. Just as the post says, 900-1000 should be just fine for that bike.

·
Rolling with the big dogs
1,019 Posts
Ok, i'll do it. :worthless:
ETA: Welcome!

·
MaNaMaNa DoDoDoDoDo
4,767 Posts
Welcome, Fonz. OK. Where are the obligatory pics?????

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bike is actually getting checked out by the shop right now; soon as I get it back I will put up some pics.

I did get the starting issue figured out; it was the same as in the thread I referenced. Adjusted the idle screw a little bit and it was good to go. I also think I flooded the engine last night; when I tried again this afternoon it started right up. So...in a few days I should have all my gear and the bike back and I'll get up some pics!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is a grainy pic I took last night right after I brought it home. It isn't very good. Better ones soon.

Attachments

·
Rolling with the big dogs
1,019 Posts
She's pretty!

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
........................... Anyway, can't really ride it for a few more days because I had to special order a helmet large enough for my head.

Just make sure that you head doesn't get any bigger when riding. Always ride well within your capabilities. Have fun with your new bike. That's what it's all about.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts