Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a 62 year old retired sailor. I ride a Yamaha FJR and a honda v65 sabre. lately I have had the urge to get one of the bikes that I rode in my youth. It ha came down to either a CB750F supersport SOHC or a KZ900/1000 whichever I find at a reasonable price. The picture is my 1976 KZ900 from 1981-82 time frame my FJR and my V65 sabre Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,094 Posts
Welcome! NC FJR-er here too, in Asheboro, by the zoo! I was out your way about a month ago, stayed overnight on Manteo. Mine are 2007 and 2013.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Plant Fuel tank

·
Administrator
4,457 Posts
Welcome to the club Vaskeet!

Not sure what you consider as reasonable prices but you are probably aware that the CB750 and KZ900 are both collector's items. Keep us posted on your search. I bought my KZ900 new in 1976. I never should have sold it.

Best of luck in your search.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the club Vaskeet!

Not sure what you consider as reasonable prices but you are probably aware that the CB750 and KZ900 are both collector's items. Keep us posted on your search. I bought my KZ900 new in 1976. I never should have sold it.

Best of luck in your search.
well I bought a 1978 CB750F SuperSport has not been started in over 2 years, unmolested mostly stock except handlebars exhaust and paint job (never came in those colors. pictures show pod filters but it also has the original air box so that will be converted back. Brakes are frozen Calipers pulled off rotors and hung I may have paid a little to much $1700 but here is my story. in 1979 I made petty officer 3rd class as a aviation electronica tech (AT3) in the USN and bought a new leftover 1978 black and orange CB750F SuperSport. In 1982 the Bike was stolen and never recovered replace it with a 1976 KZ900 and went on with life. Anytime I saw a 78 SS I have wanted it but with a wife and kids it was a toy I could not afford (when I had other bikes). so kids are out and I can afford it. I will start with doing a cam chain tension adjustment and valve adjustment , carb clean, free rebuild brakes paintjob to black and orange I am not going to da a full restore but what I call a Rider Restore (looks mainly stock) pic 1 is a black and orange supersport the next 4 are the bike I bought

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts