Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I'm a long time rider of around 8yrs, I'm 22 now and rode shot gun with my dad before then for a long time, he originally rode an 82' KZ650 CSR (that was a sweet bike) until 2002 when he (unfortunately) traded it for a Honda Shadow A.C.E. 750 and Mom got a Shadow 600 VLX and I started on my first bike, a Honda Rebel 250(still have it), and also cruised moms 600 after I got more experience. Now after nearly 10 yrs no Honda's Dad and I are ready to return to good ole' Kawasaki's, he says he misses his inline 4 and wants another KZ650 and I want an affordable FIRST sport bike and am debating on an Ninja EX500R or 650R, both very nice and for me comfortable and both with many pros and cons. Anyway just wanted to drop in and introduce myself and say hello, And get opinions on my 2 possibilities.

PK

·
Registered
10,122 Posts
Welcome PK! Glad to have you join us! I'm a cruiser guy myself but there'll be some sport bikers along shortly to help you out.

Ride safe! :biggrin:

·
Registered
13 Posts
welcome to the board, i'm new myself and just picked up my first bike (cruiser) yesterday. great to have ya with us.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I have many fond memories associated with Kaw's so getting one brings um all back and they seem to be the most afordable bikes curently on the market.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I got a ninja 250, but she will keep up with all the bad boys. Looks WAY more sporty than the 500s, and a fender eliminator kit will help catch up to the 650 in looks. Always remember, just becasue you CAN ride a bigger bike, doesnt mean it wont be fun to ride a smaller bike....."more satisfaction from riding 90% of a small bike than 20% of a big bike"....but just go to a dealer, find some friends, and sit on theirs and see what you like.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got a ninja 250, but she will keep up with all the bad boys. Looks WAY more sporty than the 500s, and a fender eliminator kit will help catch up to the 650 in looks. Always remember, just becasue you CAN ride a bigger bike, doesnt mean it wont be fun to ride a smaller bike....."more satisfaction from riding 90% of a small bike than 20% of a big bike"....but just go to a dealer, find some friends, and sit on theirs and see what you like.
^I still enjoy riding my 250 Rebel but, I want something bigger for road tripping and the fact I'm a tall guy but, I my look into a ninja 250(oddly my sister wants one of these) as a next bike I still like the size of the bigger ones though. Thank you for the warm welcome folks :).

·
Reborn Biker
89 Posts
Welcome neighbor! Kinda new here myself. Lots of great people here and great ideas! Whatever bike you get (cruiser myself) remember..........
Ride safe and keep the rubber side down!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts