Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was out riding today and went into the dealership to see if they had a new Nomad in. They still only have a 1700 classic. They did just get in a new fury. Not too bad looking. Took this picture with my cell.

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
Was out riding today and went into the dealership to see if they had a new Nomad in. They still only have a 1700 classic. They did just get in a new fury. Not too bad looking. Took this picture with my cell.
Hopefully they get a Nomad and a Voyager in pretty soon. Krista is supposed to give me a call as soon as they come in. Not gonna buy just yet but I sure want to see the Voyager. I dd see that black Classic the last time I was in there, pretty nice bike!

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gnomad you must be close to Lima? I got my bike from Stan. They are all nice people there .. always willing to let me test ride anything.

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
Yeah, I live in Celina, got my last two bikes from Krista. Great people to work with, always very friendly when I stop in there. I will definitely buy my Voyager from them when the time comes.

·
Go Carolina Panthers!
93 Posts
...looks like a 1 gal gas tank...

It's 3.4 in reality though, so probably 2 - 2.5 useable. Hopefully owners don't plan on going farther than around the block.

·
ILBTS
1,248 Posts
...looks like a 1 gal gas tank...

It's 3.4 in reality though, so probably 2 - 2.5 useable. Hopefully owners don't plan on going farther than around the block.
why is it everyone thinks "every" bike needs a 5gal tank?!?! not everyone cross countrys on their bike. and this isnt really meant to be a long haul bike i dont think. do people realize how many bikes in the past and present only have 3 gal tanks on them?? the yami virago's had *tiny* tanks on them, you have any idea how many of those things yamaha sold?!?! tons.

I think for the type of bike the set out to make, aside from the shaft drive, and maybe displacement, they 'bout nailed it.

sure is a better looking so called chopper than Harleys screwy attempt at it with the dumb rocker.

·
Old and nasty
517 Posts
I saw one yesterday at my dealer and he said they were asking $12,500 for it. Alittle pricey in my opinion. Also the ONLY color I have ever seen is blue, do they not make another color?

·
'08 900 custom
739 Posts
I saw one yesterday at my dealer and he said they were asking $12,500 for it. Alittle pricey in my opinion. Also the ONLY color I have ever seen is blue, do they not make another color?
$12,500??? Thats not TOO terribly bad, but still too much for me. I thought they would be going for alot more than that!

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
Doing a google search for images I found this one in red.

·
Registered
339 Posts
sure is a better looking so called chopper than Harleys screwy attempt at it with the dumb rocker.
I'm not a fan of the Rocker myself, but this thing is not even in the same league as far as quality goes. It would be like comparing a Mercedes (Rocker) to a Kia (Fury).

·
ILBTS
1,248 Posts
I'm not a fan of the Rocker myself, but this thing is not even in the same league as far as quality goes. It would be like comparing a Mercedes (Rocker) to a Kia (Fury).
sry, completely disagree. for one, that you can believe an HD is in the same league as mercedes, lol and i dont think *any* metrics deserve to be compared to Kias, obsurd.

·
Registered
339 Posts
sry, completely disagree. for one, that you can believe an HD is in the same league as mercedes, lol and i dont think *any* metrics deserve to be compared to Kias, obsurd.
The comparison was the level of quality difference between the two, not the actual brands. I wasn't putting down metrics as a whole, just this one particular bike. It looks like crap close up. When I saw it in the pictures I really liked the look, but when I went and saw one in person yesterday I could not believe how cheapo it looked. The other bikes in the Honda line look good, but this was so substandard that I really couldn't believe they put them into production like this.

There are gigantic welds that look like knots on a tree that are completely exposed under the tank without having to look for them. The lock on the forks looks like an afterthought and also has horrible looking welds on it. There are numerous exposed welds on the frame that are just hideous. It isn't that I don't expect to see welds, but not ones that are uneven, have huge bumps on them, etc... If you are really a welder, as your profile states, you will hate it even more than I do. Also, the seat is one of the cheapest looking seats I have ever seen on any bike. And the wheels look like some of the cheapest I have seen also. One more thing -- the radiator cover is some of the junkiest looking plastic I have ever seen.

I was hoping that this would be a nice bike, but it simply isn't. I would give maybe $6,000 for this brand new, because it would cost me thousands more to bring it up to what it should have looked like in the first place.

·
ILBTS
1,248 Posts
welds are usually the *first* thing I look at when checking something out, you bet. and to be honest, ive seen some nasty looking welds on alot of bikes, HD included. I work for a place that makes HD parts, some are exceptional, others should be rejected.
I havent seen a Fury up close yet, our dealer doesnt have his yet, but ive seen several Rockers, sat on a couple, and it has its share of cheesie parts too. rims, some of the cheesiest ive ever seen on a harley, headlight bucket looks like it belongs on a minibike, and yep, some nasty looking welds too.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts