Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
This is how I roll
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got around to installing a new set of Kuryakyn Iso-grips on my VN900 custom. Wow, noticed a big reduction in buzzing at the higher RPMs at high speed. Matter of fact, I think the new grips even made the bike faster since now I find myself twisting the throttle a lot higher:-D now that much of the vibration has been reduced. Of course I'm kidding on the speed increase, but the driving pleasure of the VN900 at higher speeds has now been improved. Just wish I had taken the time to do the replacement earlier. So thumbs up on the Kuryakyn Iso-Grips.

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
I've had a set sitting around here for a couple of years. I guess I should get off my a$$ and get them installed.

·
ILBTS
1,248 Posts
just goes to show how not everything works for everyone. I rode a friends bike last year when we switched up for about 20 miles ( he wanted to see how my bar setup felt). and after that 20 miles I can safely say, for me, the ISO grips was one of the worst experiences of my life. I hated them, couldnt wait to get off his bike.
i firmly believe that is not the norm though for the ISO's, most people do love them!! me, I like my ProOnes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Put on a set of Iso Pegs and you'll appreciate the difference there too! Now if I could only get an Iso-Seat.:lol: Those long rides are gettingto be a pain in the a**!

·
Bumbles Bounce
20 Posts
I added the ISO grips with the throttle boss and it made for a more enjoyable ride. So I decided to add the Mustang touring seat and 2" risers....Now i am in heaven. :)

·
VN 900 Classtom
1,689 Posts
I installed the steel and fire kawi ones and I don't feel any difference at all but they look much nicer than the stockers .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts