Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new to the forum. I'm not actually a current kawi owner but did own a zx6r a few year back. Now I'm sporting a RC51. I'm into riding and making carbon fiber parts. I have made a few different parts, tank cover for a gsxr, side covers for the 06 636 kawi, and chain guard and undertail for my bike. I'm looking to become a forum sponsor soon so that I can offer my carbon parts to the enthusiasts on this board. Unfortunately I am also a University student and as such have limited time to commit to my hobby of carbon fiber work. Letely I haven't done very much as far as carbon fiber stuff goes, due to time constraints. But when school slows down and I have some free time I will once again start pumping out parts nice and slowly. here are a few pics of my past projects. Thanks, enjoy.
PS. can someone direct me to the individual to talk to regarding forum seller status? thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Welcome and although im a cruiser those look very nice.

·
MaNaMaNa DoDoDoDoDo
4,767 Posts
Welcome. If you ever do cruiser stuff, I would be interested. Your stuff looks good.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Welcome to the boards, you'll love it here. Nice work on those parts - the tank cover in particular is sweet - awesome work.

I would be interested to know your thoughts on the RC51 compared to your old ZX6R (what year model was it?). I have always been a fan of that bike and for some reason it's always struck me as an awesome-handling bike, even though I've never ridden one. But as it was built to become a "Ducati killer" (which, obviously, it failed in its intent... you can't beat Italians when it comes to v-twins :biggrin: but it probably came pretty close) that's probably why I have this impression of the bike (the 916s which the RC51 was built to compete against were famed for their handling - not the most agile of bikes, but went through corners like they were on rails... so I've been told :biggrin:).

·
Spinach Eating Moderator
22,962 Posts
Welcome.

For information on advertising, please contact the owners of this forum, Beartooth Kawasaki at 1-800-556-3089.

He may also be reached by PM, under the username "Kawi".

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome to the boards, you'll love it here. Nice work on those parts - the tank cover in particular is sweet - awesome work.

I would be interested to know your thoughts on the RC51 compared to your old ZX6R (what year model was it?). I have always been a fan of that bike and for some reason it's always struck me as an awesome-handling bike, even though I've never ridden one. But as it was built to become a "Ducati killer" (which, obviously, it failed in its intent... you can't beat Italians when it comes to v-twins :biggrin: but it probably came pretty close) that's probably why I have this impression of the bike (the 916s which the RC51 was built to compete against were famed for their handling - not the most agile of bikes, but went through corners like they were on rails... so I've been told :biggrin:).

Well actually... the RC was an italian killer, it killed the duc in 00 when it first came out, lost it to duc in 01 but again won in 02 to be WSBKchamp, it was also the o2 reigning ama champ and numerous suzuka endurance championships...but what ever:wink: check this link it's the last race of the 02 season Edwards in second in points and Bayliss in first in points both duking it out for the championship helluva vid YouTube - Edwards V Bayliss Imola 2002

I had a 99 zx6r which was a lighter compared to the RC. (That 6r was a bullet proof bike to say the least.) the RC is considerably heavier, but once up to speed you won't notice it. Obviously the twin has a lot more torque and it's really fun to play around with but doesn't even compare to a i4 for horespower... I did quite a few track days on the zx6r and the RC51 aswell, and although the zx6r was fun, the RC51 was a whole different experience. As you said, you have heard right, it is really confidence inspiring. It has great drive out of corners and holds it's line very well, but yet still allows for corrections or changes mid corner. All in all the most fun bike I have ever owned, I don't see myself ever selling it.

I have also ridden a friends 06 636, and it feels great, but again you can't compare the torque, but the new 600s are formidable and capable track machines.

·
Vintage bike addict
4,812 Posts
Welcome!

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
Welcome ot the forum, cool carbon stuff you have there.
I've always loved the RC51, a neighbour rides one, and it sure sounds unique.

Best of luck with your business.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Well actually... the RC was an italian killer, it killed the duc in 00 when it first came out, lost it to duc in 01 but again won in 02 to be WSBKchamp, it was also the o2 reigning ama champ and numerous suzuka endurance championships...but what ever:wink: check this link it's the last race of the 02 season Edwards in second in points and Bayliss in first in points both duking it out for the championship helluva vid YouTube - Edwards V Bayliss Imola 2002

I had a 99 zx6r which was a lighter compared to the RC. (That 6r was a bullet proof bike to say the least.) the RC is considerably heavier, but once up to speed you won't notice it. Obviously the twin has a lot more torque and it's really fun to play around with but doesn't even compare to a i4 for horespower... I did quite a few track days on the zx6r and the RC51 aswell, and although the zx6r was fun, the RC51 was a whole different experience. As you said, you have heard right, it is really confidence inspiring. It has great drive out of corners and holds it's line very well, but yet still allows for corrections or changes mid corner. All in all the most fun bike I have ever owned, I don't see myself ever selling it.

I have also ridden a friends 06 636, and it feels great, but again you can't compare the torque, but the new 600s are formidable and capable track machines.
Yeah man as you said, "whatever" - that was just the Italian in me coming out :biggrin: Of course you want to talk SBK we are talking a whole different world where the manufacturers throw as much money as they dare behind their stallions... and it would be hard to argue that Honda has a lot more money than Ducati :biggrin: But it's all good... And BTW that last race in Imola in 2002 is by far the best bike race I have ever seen :cool:

Thanks for your views on the RC - confirms what I have heard about both that bike and the Dukes... I went for a 636 because I couldn't afford an Italian v-twin at the time but I will definitely be adding an 848 or a 1098 to my stable one day when I will be able to afford it... if I have money to throw away, I will actually be looking to buy a used (obviously) 996/998 - that bike remains my all time dream :cool:

Enjoy yourself on the boards and stick around...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts