Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

New Guy

617 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Mac_Muz 
#1 ·
Hi Just call me MAC..... It's my name..

I ride a 06 Nomad, I have a 2nd bike probably older than a lot of guys here. That is a 1981 xs850sh Yammi with parts from all the big 5 and other car parts and evehn Rv parts ... It just is.

I used to be the head mod for mcusa, and I often post in the kawanow garage, to assist riders in tech, and maint.

Like anyplace a new guy has to get thing sorted, so I must. No replacment parts get time... Time does what it does...

#5 ·
Oh well I don't know nuthin... I'm a very young 58 :biggrin: My son is the same age as this bike, and all his buddies think this is a odd prototype with a kick starter and a start motor.

LOL Franken-bike eh? Oh yeah she's a real ratter fer sartin.

And no I am new, ain't no one told me nuthin at all yet. Whars the mods to come yell at me, cuss me out and wish I'ld die? :eek:

My favorite folk hero is William Clark of Lewis and Clarck fame. He said a man wuzn't eddukated unless he could speil any given word 15 different ways..

I will try to be easy on all you guys.. I do happen to be expert at word butchery, every one has to be expert at sumpin right? :mrgreen:

Oh pictsha's you guys wanted pictsha's, I dang near forgot!

Liberty pictures by Mac_Muz - Photobucket

Little dated, I am younger than this now.

WOW it worked I can see the picsha' LOL

#8 ·
Yeah Spring 2002... I got air, and did it in the shower stall. I hung what needed hung on a tuna swivel and used a lazy susan for what wouldn't hang.

No one believes me usually, but on the link there is the tank getting blue hanging in the shower. 8 colors if you count clear. My wife is an artist, and I asked her for drawings of Liberty. She made around 12 in all, but the one you see is the one I selected.

I am seeking a ft fender for a 06 silver and green Nomad of there is such a beast for with in reason dough.

I expect in a few days the parts guys will let me know. If it comes to total sillyness, I will beat up that bent fender, and just paint the whole bike.

The major problem is I can't decide what color(s), probably just one base coar clear coat in something that goes good with black trim.

I am getting the nacell done in semi gloss black powda coats, since the sun glare is a bit much on these old eyes. Plus I don't like gas tank mounted gauges for squat.

If I keep the nad long enough all the brackets on the tank will go away, and I will have no speedo just a tach.

Welding used gas tanks is always lots of fun. :shock:

#10 ·
Odd thing here is pics were asked for, yet I don't see a lot of pics around....

You guys beat me up did ya? :D

For those interested in making that face click the link, look for a stange pre pic, a base of Liberty, looking a lot like the Queen of Sheba.

I did wonder what I was gonna get after that first part, still missing another color.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.