Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently started riding, about a month now, and am wanting some general advice from experienced riders. I have a 2004 Kawasaki Ninja 500R so if ya know anything, or just wanna chat, hit me up sometime.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

my first advice would be ride safe 8)
how do you like the lil ninja so far - i hear they really like to be reved :twisted:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ninja

I absolutely love it! Put 1200 miles on it in bout a month. It'll get up and go enough to keep me entertained till I get the experience for a faster bike.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

good deal 8) i've heard nothing but good things about those lil devils'
and if your gonna ride a sportbike that was the best choice for the first one :wink:
you did take the rider safety course i asume - if not it's a must take!!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not quite yet

Haven't taken the safety course yet, though I have a friend that has. He said it is really valuable. It's the whole money issue, being that I have none! Haha.

·
Registered
17 Posts
anybody know if the ninja 500 engine is the same as the vulcan 500ltd engine? my wife's 500vulcan has more poop outa the hole than my 800...course when we get out on the highway..... :D

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
mbrubin said:
anybody know if the ninja 500 engine is the same as the vulcan 500ltd engine? my wife's 500vulcan has more poop outa the hole than my 800...course when we get out on the highway..... :D
out on the highway my 500R goes from 70 to 130 really really fast, so I don't think it is quite the same engine. You should be able to find engine specs, (compression, stroke, bore, ect.) and compare them.

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
mbrubin said:
They're based on the same platform but are not identical. Ninja rated at 60 hp LTD is 46 hp. Cruisers are usually set up to deliver max torque at lower rpm which helps off the line. The gearing is also responsable for quick starts.

·
Registered
17 Posts
thanks uncle bob. that leaves lots of items to work on to get more out of her 500.that is if we keep it. she has been rideing my 800 when she thinks i'm not looking :wink: (but she IS the queen and gets what ever she wants) and i'v been thinking about a mean streak :D

·
Proud Owner Of This Forum & Beartooth Kawasaki
2,735 Posts
Welcome everybody the two engines are different and the new 1600 Mean Streak is awsome she would love that bike, easy to balance, low seat and very cool with a set of Bub chamber maid exhaust pipes on it, I have sold several to women and they all love the bike. 8)

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
mbrubin, What kawi meant to say is that women love to ride 800's and get turned on by men riding Mean Streak's. :lol:

Now how to get more power out of your 800 ?. Rejet, freer flowing air filter and exhaust. You might also try different sprockets, a tooth or two more on the back would make take off a little peppier but your engine would then be running higher rpm's on highway.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Kawi, uncle bob is correct....mean streak for me :D wife is ok for now on her 500...gotta take the seat back to sargent for one more mod.
when the time is right we will see what we can work out with ya :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ya know I started out with the Ninja 250 ....needed more of a bike.....I skipped the 500 and went to the Ninja zx-6............when you are ready to move up try that bike........its great.....I'm only 5'2 and the 600zx-6 is easy for me...........when you feel like nothing will happen to you on your bike its time to move up :p....(trying to get my post up)

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
sunshine said:
Ya know I started out with the Ninja 250 ....needed more of a bike.....I skipped the 500 and went to the Ninja zx-6............when you are ready to move up try that bike........its great.....I'm only 5'2 and the 600zx-6 is easy for me...........when you feel like nothing will happen to you on your bike its time to move up :p....(trying to get my post up)
You will never succeed in beating me, unless you put out a little effort, that would probably do me in. :lol:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Freakinout said:
sunshine said:
You will never succeed in beating me, unless you put out a little effort, that would probably do me in. :lol:
Just give me time............so be it.... :p

·
Registered
3 Posts
If I were you, And you want to give your "unit drivetrain (and by THAT I mean that the engine and transmission are one unit) I would go down to ANY auto parts store, as they ALL carry "Mobile One Racing 10W40 Motorcycle synthetic oil.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts