Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, just wanted to introduce myself. I have been riding since the seventies and have owned six bikes and they have all been Kawasaki's. My first bike was a 75 Z1B 900 and I have also built two KZ1000 choppers. I had a 86 VN750 that I sold in 1997. On 9/9/04 I went to Phoenix to buy a 2004 1500 classic but the second dealer I went to had a brand new 2001 1500 Classic FI in the showroom. It had zero miles and hadn't even been prepped yet. To make a long story short I bought it and got a heck of a deal because he really wanted to sell it. I picked it up the next day and made the 180 mile trip home. WOW! I love this bike! I ride it almost every day. It is far and away the best bike I have ever ridden. I just got a set of Vance&Hines long shot yesterday and will be installing them soon. Ok I'll shut up now.

·
Registered
302 Posts
welcome

VN,
Welcome to the forum, you will find many diverse (perverse?) and interesting people and opinions here. We are all quite different but with one common interest. We LOVE our bikes! May you get many safe miles from your new kawa.
Lonestar

·
Registered
148 Posts
Welcome, may the Kawi Gods be with you. Did you go to A.Z. for the lower sales tax or the dis. on the 01. I bought a 03 meani in aug. for 1500 off msrp. Good luck with the classic transformation.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

glad to have you geez :wink: any pics of the KZ choppers - i'd love to see them :shock:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey thanks for the welcome. I do have pitures of the choppers. I will dig them out of the photo album and get them scanned. It might take a few days.

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
welcome geezer. good to have you with us

·
Registered
837 Posts
welcome to the forum and come back often :wink:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Welcome Geez...like that acronym!

Speaking as another one who bought a 2001 Vulcan Classic 1500 FI, may I say welcome. You did the right thing! It IS a great bike and now after rolling on about 22K miles, I think it is one of the best, most reliable bikes ever built...you could say I am biased! 8)

Anyway, slip on those V&H...on my FI, I put on V&H straight shots and a power commander at the same time. I am running stock intake with the standard Kaw filter. I did run the bike with and without the PC and I strongly believe the PC made a difference with the modified fuel map as downloaded from Dynojet. I did customize it some. Runs like an electic motor with loads of torque.

Glad to have you aboard...

T-man

1 - 12 of 12 Posts