Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found this site and figured I'd post here first and say Hi. I've had Kawi quads in the past and now I think I'm going to get my Dad's old bike. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions for you guys if I get it. It's been sitting for 20+ years so it will need plenty of work to get it road worthy again.

·
www.learntoride.org
1,364 Posts
Welcome! What is "Dad's old bike?" Inquiring minds and such. You should know, this bunch is addicted to pictures and will want renovation updates. There are some people with fabulous knowledge here. You've come to the right place. Hope you enjoy it.

·
Poser Proud®
3,778 Posts
Howdy and welcome. What type of bike are you getting. Pics are appreciated.

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
IF you're dad's bike has been sitting that long....count on a total overhaul of the engine due to dry oil seals and gaskets. Get a smaller cc bike while you restore it to get around, either 250-500cc sportbike or small cruiser.....what ever flipps your skirt.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a Spirit of America, I think it's a 78 KZ1000. I'll get pics as soon as possible but it's still in storage now. I have not rode a bike for a while so it's probably a good idea to get something smaller to start on while I get this one going. Thanks for the welcome guys.

·
Vintage bike addict
4,812 Posts
Welcome! Those old bikes are really nice. Yep it'd be a real good idea to start just a bit smaller and to take a safety course. Invest in good gear too.

·
MaNaMaNa DoDoDoDoDo
4,767 Posts
Welcome. Those were nice bikes. Looking forward to seeing pics. And definitely, take the MSF course.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Welcome, aboard sounds like its a nice bike, can't wait to see pics. Take care.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts