Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Official Bug Taster
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recieved my new Hammer grips from HammerCustomcycles.com yesterday. When I ordered them, Steven (company owner) was not sure if they would fit on the 900 custom bars. We emailed back and forth and found a style he thought may work. Shipped them on monday and recieved them on wednesday. Well I installed them today. The left side went on with no problem. The throttle side took a little sanding for a smother operation, but works great. So I thought I would post a pic of them installed. Don't judge my mirrors to much as I am not finished with the final paint and clear coat. I just wanted to get an idea how it all is going to look. Again, let me thank Steven Hammer for his help and great customer service. Hopefully he will branch out more into our Kawi world (he has some great looking stuff). Check him out: HammerCustomCycles.com

grip001.jpg picture by gillisfire20 - Photobucket

·
VN 900 Classtom
1,689 Posts
Nice but shouldn't the screw go on the under side? the one on the left side, third pic

·
Official Bug Taster
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya, I thought that to V-Twin. The grip has three set screws and no matter how I aranged them, one will be facing up. I did take her for a quick ride this evening and got to say so far I love them. I know everyone has their opinions, just wanted to see if anybody else liked them. Or if not, why?

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
i like them.

they look very nice, and the mirrors look funky too.

dunno how the grips will do on longer rides with the vibrations, etc. but as long as you're happy :)

·
Alien Test Subject
3,515 Posts
Like the grips. Thought about similar ones in billet/chrome for the Meanie, but went with ISO's instead purely for comfort.

Would be interested in how you like them after a nice, long ride. If they are comfortable after a few hours or so. Plus, if you have any issues with grip in the rain. If no issues, I'd still consider a similar style.

Not sure about the mirrors BTW. Not into the skulls (just not my thing), but I'm digging the painted flames.

·
U.S. Army Sgt. Vet.
42 Posts
I have same ones almost. But i have the black ones and the grooves are not painted. They do look cool, but I have to wear gloves on the long rides and when cooler. May still get some different ones for the longer rides.

Got mine from Specialty Machinery Out of Arizona.

New Grip Pics - Mirrors new too, Golf Club style

Have the Baron Big Air intake and PC4 all put on now... Loving it all!!! Been riding a bunch lately... You can scroll thru the pics in the album... Been trying to keep a picture journal.

·
Vegas Vulcan
1,161 Posts
I wonder, those are some sharp points, the grip, the mirror. Could that prove to be a hazard in some as-yet-not-realized situation?
I was moving a friends bike who has chrome ones like that. They were so sharp the stabbed a whole in my hand. He thought it was funny, I didn't.

If you go high side over those you better hope you don't snag your belly button on them.

·
Official Bug Taster
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I went for a couple hour ride to day and the only problem I ran into was getting used to the smaller diameter of the grips. I rode for a while with gloves and awhile with out, and the vibration was not an issue either way. The grips get a little cold with out gloves but was not an issue.

One of the good things about southern Louisiana, 75 degres and not a cloud int the ski. You couldn't ask for a more beautiful day! Oh and I put some decals on the wife bike. Got the major brownie points for that one. Got me the approval for the purchase of a lowering kit!

grip008.jpg picture by gillisfire20 - Photobucket

1 - 12 of 12 Posts