Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I am new to riding and have a great old bike. Perfect for a new rider and especially one with short legs. It's a rebuilt from 2 basket cases, 1987 454 LTD. The motor from both was trashed so an EX500 went in it. I may not know much about riding yet, started in May this year and have over 3000 miles, but I do know my bike inside out and I pulled the parts from both bikes and cleaned and put the best back on one frame. My main problem is that I can't find aftermarket parts. I had a friend make me saddlebag brackets but I would like to find an engine guard and a luggage rack. If anyone can help me find these I would be very grateful. If I can figure out how to post a pic I will.

Blood and Roses

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey B&R, Welcome !
Keep checking on ebay, there are always universal racks on there and you could also find a rack from a similar bike and modify it a bit to work on your bike. Also, you might want to consider a tank bag. I like having stuff like my map, camera, and rain suit right there.
Sounds like you have a great little bike there.
Good luck,
Greg

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
If there is not a suitable aftermarket item that you find you can always have a machine shop fabricate what you want.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts