Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a well cared for 1994 Councours and graduated from an old Honda GL500 Silverwing.

Reading here and on the concours org forum to get up to speed. Yuk Yuk

That seems to be the big difference for me these days.

The '94 has only 15K and looks practically new.

Only been riding as an adult for about 2 yrs and keep thinking back to the Motorcycle Safety Course that I took in Santa Rosa CA before I got the M1. I use the bike for commuting and despite my inclinations, I try to refrain from weekend riding. Seems more dangerous in these parts to ride on the weekends. Must be my age or something!! Also don't ride when it is wet or rainy.

Anyway, just got the Councours this past Friday and took it to work Monday and I am VERY happy with this new motorcycle.

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a pick of my donkey, but not the bike (yet).

Whoops! Can only upload from a url. Sorry, the bike is mostly stock & burgundy and the donkey is tan and white with an attitude.

Denny from Sebastopol

·
MaNaMaNa DoDoDoDoDo
4,767 Posts
Welcome Denny. Well, give us a pic of either one then.

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will have to upload them somewhere since I cannot upload them directly to the forum. So I have to wait till this eve.

Good news - looks like I got my old Honda GL500 with a bad stator and the CX500 parts bike sold on craigslist in one day. That's correct - I priced them right!

Gotta pass on the good deals when I can. Got the low mileage Connie for only 2,300 FRNs!

OK - Donkey pic and Connie pic coming up!

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Federal Reserve Notes (that debt thingy - used as money)

I helped load the old Hondas last night and the weather was not good so I didn't get any pics. I will try again tonight.

I was checking out the Bergmen spin-on oil and fuel pet-**** conversion kits. He lives just up the 101 freeway from our spot here. Has anyone used either of these? Good results? Is the in-line fuel filter still recommended? Is the right angle Napa filter the one to use? Are they still available?

Thanks - Denny

·
'06 V2K, Baby!
2,325 Posts
The one on the right is the connie. Are you in the middle or the left?

;)

·
Alf not Elf
3,412 Posts
Congrats on your new bike. I have an 03 and love it easy to work on (once the tupperware is removed) rides nice comfortable and has the power to get you in and out of trouble depending on how you use it. COG forums lots of information...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts