Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought of this today. I know we have the technology to do this. And it comes in a package the size of a small DVD camera.
Suppose we come up with a holographic image that we can project just in front of our bike as we ride along. The image can be something like a semi, or perhaps a Hummer. All anyone in front of you would see is that image. Wouldn't they be LESS likely to pull out in front of you?
Next question. Do I have too much time on my hands?
Ride safely

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
SteveA said:
I thought of this today. I know we have the technology to do this. And it comes in a package the size of a small DVD camera.
Suppose we come up with a holographic image that we can project just in front of our bike as we ride along. The image can be something like a semi, or perhaps a Hummer. All anyone in front of you would see is that image. Wouldn't they be LESS likely to pull out in front of you?
Ride safely

For a Foil Inspector...I think your doing pretty good! ;)

·
Registered
512 Posts
............um, take a ride, get some air :razz:

would be nice but knowing how bad some of the driver r these days i dont believe it would stop them. lol

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

how bout we just ban cages :razz:

unles they are 500+ hp :p

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
SteveA said:
Ride safely
...uh not according to your posting ranking....
:)

·
Registered
439 Posts
I like that idea............ but I am a geek :neutral:

·
Registered
274 Posts
Yea 500+ hp only.. Ford GT all the way or only 500+ bikes .... dodge tamahawk v-10 viper powered bike hahahahaha

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
On the same thought, has anyone changed out their horns for air horns? Just thinking out loud here. Thought it might be something to do.

·
Registered
950 Posts
For a three dimensional holographic projector to create an image that can actually be sen in direct sunlight, it would have to have an output greater than the sun.

So not only would your "phantom hummer" projector require you to have a dedicated atomic fission-plant being towed behind your bike, but you would also need , at minimum, three seperate projectors to create the the proper dimensional effects.

And you still wouldn't be able to see anything with that god-D*amned Hummer in the way everywhere you go!!!

On a different note: Has anybody replaced their stock horn with the automotive brand HELLA horn? i hear they go upto 140db's.!

·
Registered
629 Posts
If you really want to scare the **** outta cagers, put the projection around you like dragons, scorpions etc., similar to the characters in the book "Dhalgren" by Samuel R. Delaney

·
Registered
36 Posts
Everyone, please refrain from making Jennifer Garner comments. She keeps looking over my shoulder and reading them. I'm gonna end up on the sofa tonight if it doesn't stop.

thanks.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Actually, the more I thought about the idea, the more I liked it! I actually thought it up on my daily trail walk.
First things first. The 2005 Ford GT has 550 HP, up from 500 last year. That car sits so low (44"), it is probably more invisible than a bike.
As for Jennifer Garner, that would attract other bikers to probably swerve into you to get a better look at her. Since my intent is on safety, that would be a no-no. Nice thought, though.
I had thought holograms were already part of the technology we have today. I had seen a demo of some sort of "interactive theater of the future" that was on some science show some years ago. The projection boxes didn't look any bigger than one of those bass modules you see in a boomcar. I did not envision it as an opaque image, just kind of a hazy type image that you could perhaps project right behind you, instead of in front. However it is done, it would allow a car pulling out of a driveway to see you (or the image) before shooting out in front of you. Somebody's gotta know if this is really possible. Does this really take that much power to do it? If so, I will be so bummed. And here I thought it was a great idea. :-(
Ride safely

·
Registered
439 Posts
Mr Lycos
I take it back. YOU'RE the geek! I'm just weird. (no offense)

·
Registered
950 Posts
However it is done, it would allow a car pulling out of a driveway to see you (or the image) before shooting out in front of you. Somebody's gotta know if this is really possible. Does this really take that much power to do it? If so, I will be so bummed. And here I thought it was a great idea.
Its possible, just not practical.

1.You'd have to mount a projector on the front of your bike. Or on a sidecar. The smallerst holographic projector I am aware of, that is capable of a car-sized imagae, is about the size of a microwave over, and just as heavy.

2.The bulb would have to be brighter than the ambient light. Indoors is easy to outshine a lightbulb, but on the road you'll have to outbright the sun! Or you could only use the device at night.

Realistically, if you want to be noticed: Buy a medical school skeleton, put a novelty helmet on it, and glue it to the passenger seat. I assure you people will notice you.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, I tried! :-( I did like the good ideas I saw, though! I bet someday, we will be able to do that with some sort of laser setup. Watch for it!
Ride safely (even if we don't have a hologram protector yet)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts