Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a bike and i'm looking for a warm weather jacket made out of a type of nylon or some simmilar material, and i have no clue where to start
I don't want to spend more then 130 or so and want to get some decent protection but also dont want it to look stupid =)

any good ones out there?

p.s. must be breathable I live in Texas =)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Check out the gear at MotoLiberty, www.motoliberty.com -
Motoliberty is based here in Dallas right off of Royal Lane and just south of I635. They carry Fieldsheer brand jackets which are inexpensive yet very well made. The two jackets that you would be particulary interested in are the Fieldsheer Mach 1 and the Fieldsheer Mach 2. Both are made with mesh, stitched together with synthetic thread, and have great hard armor in them. The only difference is that the Mach 2 is clad with leather in certain impact areas, i.e shoulder and elbow regions. Both of the jackets also come with a removable waterproof liner that lets you ride with these mesh jackets deeper into the cold season. IMO the Fieldsheer jackets are a better value than the Joe Rocket stuff...
I've owned both jackets. I actually like the cheaper Mach 1 better. It seems that the leather on the Mach 2 impedes some airflow even though it is perforated leather. Also the Mach 1 is definitely in your price range.
You can also check out www.cyclegear.com - Click on local dealers and you will find plenty of stores in the DFW area.
Good luck!!!

Jason

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
You might wanna reconsider getting a mesh jacket, even in the DFW area it'll get mighty cold in the winter. A textile might do you more good, at least until the summer.

·
Registered
134 Posts
RojerLockless said:
Just bought a bike and i'm looking for a warm weather jacket made out of a type of nylon or some simmilar material,
I picked up a First Gear Diablo jacket from www.newenough.com, I really like it for the fall rides, but it has opening vents in the front and back that work well:

http://www.newenough.com/firstgear_diablo_jacket_page.htm

When it's hotter, I wear a Gericke Venom mesh jacket:

http://www.newenough.com/gericke_venom_jacket_page.htm

It has airflow like wearing a short sleeved teeshirt, yet it's pretty heavy duty. 8)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts