Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well hello there my name is Charles and I bought my first Kawasaki today actually.

I am 21 and live in the Dallas TX, area, in Arlington.

I'v been a Honda man in spirit all my life, my father had 4 Honda motorcycles when he grew up and thats all I heard whenever I asked about bikes. About a year ago my dad had a midlife thing and up and bought a Honda CB350 1973 a great little bike and I got my first chance at riding.

I was hooked and loved it! But at the same time never considerd any other brand but Honda.
That bike took me from Houston to Arlington and I still drive it to school every day. Being intrested in upgrading I went to the local Honda shop which also sold Kawasaki's side by side. D & S Honda / Kawasaki was where i spent most of my free time for another week or two looking over the new bikes.
After that time I now consider myself a Kawasaki guy =) and the reason for that i realize is simple.

Honda makes Super fast super expensive bikes, or nothing.

Kawasaki makes the same but for a quite more affordable price tag. After looking around I completly ruled out Hondas for now maby I'll go back one day but as far as I am concerned atleast my next two bikes will be Kawasaki's.

anyway long story short, See you around the Dallas area if your there, if not i'll be on the forums =)

·
Registered
629 Posts
Welcome to the forum. CD350s are a classic.

I rode a variety of bikes until I found an '85 GPz750 and fell in love. I rode a Wing after that, but have returned to my first true love. This time it is an '84 GPz750.

Be safe and enjoy your new ride.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Welcome to the site!!!!Dallas eh?I have a few friends there,lol I think everyone knows somone from there!!eh anyways have fun!

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

glad to have another texan :wink: welcome!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Welcome, man. Kawi is the way to go.

·
Registered
837 Posts
welcome to the forum..have fun and come back often...glad to see another texan here :wink:

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
Charles,

Welcome to the forum. You gotta send us a picture of your new ride when you get it :lol:

Heather

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well turns out it's raining in houston right now so I will be going down Sunday if everything goes right and i'll drive it back to dallas the same day.

Not really thrilled to be puting 300 miles on my bike the first day I have it but, i'm not worried about the road know it very well.

Just mad that I don't have my bike yet =)

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
WELCOME!

Great...to have a guy that knows a bike for what it is worth an dnot just some label on it. We seem to have a generation of "Label Lovers" that don't care about the product as long as it has the right LABEL on it. Nice to have you onboard...

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
Are you going to give us the trip report on the journey from Houston to Dallas?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Why yes I am right now Just got home =)

The drive was great I started out driving I-45 from Houston to Dallas at 9am and it was a bit overcast and kinda chilly..

I forgot my gloves in Dallas *doh* so the first 30 min of the drive was pealing my fingers off the bars with the sun not quite yet out.
Once the sun came out it was a wonderful ride around 10:00 I got out of Houston and had a chance to open up my 2001 Kawasaki ZR750s.

Wow this thing is quite fun to drive. I-45 although a very straight road is at least 2 lanes wide everywhere and surprisingly very light traffic today.
After 125 Miles I stopped in Mansfield and my butt was asleep. I had to peal my helmet off my head and I felt like those cowboys you see in the movies after getting off their horse in the big cattle drive.
Filled up with gas *hey the bike has a fuel gauge =P* ate breakfast *lunch* and was back on the road.

This is where things got a tad fun. The road opened up and a Corvette passed me doing about 90. "hey cool a lead blocker!" I thought. So after following the vette for about 30 miles he either figured out I was using him as cop protection or just felt like opening up his V8 he left me in the dust.

Wow I thought, That's an 80,000 Dollar car... and I bet I can catch it =) And I paid less then 5 for mine =P
What surprised me is how Easily I did.
I didn’t even have to downshift and I was going 110 staying toe to toe with the Vette. We had a good 20 miles or so before he exited and I was forced to go the speed limit again, which I don't mind at all Just wanted to see what my new baby can do ~.~

Another 140 Miles later one more butt vibrating stop and I was on the road again.
The Bike runs great, it had 5100 now it has 5500 Miles on it =) Its very fast and I feel I can get out of bad situations quickly if need be.
Overall I am very pleased with the Bikes performance The ride could have been a tad warmer but as many dark clouds as I saw at least it didn't rain!

Going to Wash the bike and take pictures tomorrow expect an update =)

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Speeding...

Really, 110...or are you just kidding about the Speed LIMIT? Speeding in Texas is something that is enforced on the wide open road? Just asking. I went out to Vegas and on the return to San Diego I was passed and found myself doing 90 in a Sentra. I wouldn't have thought anythign about the speed I was going, untill I was passed like I was parked on hte side of the road...by a Mercedes and an Audi. I slowed down...13" tires and a Nissan don't need to speed...without tearing the tires or something more expensive up... I could say similar things about my 1974 Camaro...but I don't like it when I lose "my" Control and end up speeding...still on occasion, I suppose, on purpose, and for very brief distances

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm sure if a cop was there the Vette would have goten a ticket but he and I were lucky. I don't normally speed and never have on my old bike but a) needed to get back to dallas for class today and b) Was really thrilled with the bikes performance I just had to try her out. I don't plan on taking her out that fast untill I put her on the race track here in fort worth or waxahatchie.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts