Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Tree Magnet
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my new-to-me 2006 KX250 in the woods for the first time today for the local Hangover charity race.
Oh My God. This bike is so much stronger than my 97, it's not even funny. I ran with stock suspenders and no flywheel weight. The FWW will be the first bolt-on addition. I'm considering a G2 throttle cam system, because as i got tired, the throttle was difficult to control. Finally, the brake pedal and shift lever are too close to the pegs for my liking, so I'll either buy longer ones or go with the fastway footpegs in the low position.

Gorgeous day and great fun on the best bikes out there.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Nice! I too think the shifter is too close to the peg. The brake lever don't bother me but shifting in mid air without knowing is not cool upon landing and nearly flying over the bars from the down shift.

·
Tree Magnet
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Throttle being hard to control meaning it cuts out fast or slow? Or is it just touchy?
meaning immediate response. It's not a bad thing...it's just that the series I race prides itself on very tight technical courses, and this beast just wants to haul!

·
Registered
561 Posts
The short shifter is an issue. Today at the track I was jumping a rythem section with 3 doubles in it and on the last one I hit it in 1st gear not knowing I down shifted the bike landing the one prior.:eek: Luckily I didn't crash and decided to calm it down a bit.

·
Tree Magnet
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, I did the same thing, but came down on the brake and stalled it on a double. I can replace the shifter with a longer one, but i don't know of any aftermarket longer brake pedals. I'll try to lower it first and see how that does. Last time I ran the lowboy footpegs, it changed the whole center of gravity, and I never did get used to it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts